Can't catch a break!

newfie

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ian
Got an ep5 here off an established member. Had issues from the get go (no fault of original owner), then the screen failed completely. Cr$polla that sucked!

Paid $400 Canadian for an xe2 body on da bay over the summer, just now had a card with a broken piece of plastic seem to break an internal contact...card error. No card works now! Cra$Polla that sucked!

Maybe I'm venting but holy cr$p...shot tons of Nikon for 10+ years previous with no hardware issues.

wTH

50orsohours

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Got an ep5 here off an established member. Had issues from the get go (no fault of original owner), then the screen failed completely. Cr$polla that sucked!

Paid $400 Canadian for an xe2 body on da bay over the summer, just now had a card with a broken piece of plastic seem to break an internal contact...card error. No card works now! Cra$Polla that sucked!

Maybe I'm venting but holy cr$p...shot tons of Nikon for 10+ years previous with no hardware issues.

wTH

Well look at the bright side of it!

10 years of trouble free shooting.

Sorry to hear though.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend

wTH
I have an EP-5 myself. Mine is in for repair again on extended warranty for a dead rear LCD.
Although I really like M4T gear people who use it in the camera club I belong too have more issues than people who use the larger format gear from Canon & Nikon.

DynaSport

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dan
I have no stats, but I don’t think Panasonic or Olympus cameras are as reliable as Canon (the only other camera company I have much experience with). I used a Canon 20D well past it’s prime and it was still working when I made the move to M43. I have had two Panasonic cameras die on me in a relatively short time. Still, I enjoy using m43 cameras so much I have no plans to go back.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
I have no stats, but I don’t think Panasonic or Olympus cameras are as reliable as Canon (the only other camera company I have much experience with). I used a Canon 20D well past it’s prime and it was still working when I made the move to M43. I have had two Panasonic cameras die on me in a relatively short time. Still, I enjoy using m43 cameras so much I have no plans to go back.
This is why I will mainly use non pro lenses, as do not expect a long life from the gear compared to other systems that my friends use. But then again they pay a lot more, and I can afford to update the non pro gear as it is released. While working at least.

I just like the size and features of the M4T gear,

DynaSport

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dan
This is why I will mainly use non pro lenses, as do not expect a long life from the gear compared to other systems that my friends use. But then again they pay a lot more, and I can afford to update the non pro gear as it is released. While working at least.

I just like the size and features of the M4T gear,
I don’t understand that logic, but everyone needs to make the decisions they are comfortable with.

MichaelSewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Michael A. Sewell
My stuff gets hammered, and no issues yet.

Well, so long as you don't count dropping an E-M1 mkII down a flight of stairs onto a stone flagged floor.
Took a chunk out of the hinge mechanism for the screen, but it still works fine.

newfie

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ian
Got the xe2 fixed. Turns out to have been a damaged card that misaligned one of the slot contacts. Fixed

Latest threads

Top Bottom