Can't believe how fast the 20mm f/1.7 locks focus!

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Camera arrived about 5pm today and the battery seemed to take forever to charge. I read the manual while it was charging.

Friend Jane recommended Olympus PEN E-PL1 for Dummies and I downloaded the Kindle PC version. I'm glad I did. The menu system is not exactly intuitive.

Biggest surprise was how huge the depth of field can be on a 20mm lens at f/1.8

I posted a few pictures in my Flickr gallery here:

Isabel

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Isabel,
Wait till you get it outside in good light. At f4.0-5.0 it's really sharp.... The contrast is really snappy too.
Enjoy and post some photos around the forum.
Thanks ... Shooter

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Tomrrow we have an Apple Festival in town...

It's the big event of the year and a great opportunity for getting some good color.

I've given myself an intensive immersion in the manual(s) and hopefully won't be hung up too much with details. Several years ago I had an Olympus "Uzi" and I remember that getting to that Custom menu to set things up was a bit of a doozy. I see it still is!

My brain is frazzled. I need some sleep!

Thanks for the input.

Isabel

Isabel,
Wait till you get it outside in good light. At f4.0-5.0 it's really sharp.... The contrast is really snappy too.
Enjoy and post some photos around the forum.
Thanks ... Shooter

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom