Can't believe how fast the 20mm f/1.7 locks focus!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by isabel95, Sep 3, 2010.

1. isabel95

isabel95 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Camera arrived about 5pm today and the battery seemed to take forever to charge. I read the manual while it was charging.

Friend Jane recommended Olympus PEN E-PL1 for Dummies and I downloaded the Kindle PC version. I'm glad I did. The menu system is not exactly intuitive.

Biggest surprise was how huge the depth of field can be on a 20mm lens at f/1.8

I posted a few pictures in my Flickr gallery here:

Isabel

• Like Like x 1
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Isabel,
    Wait till you get it outside in good light. At f4.0-5.0 it's really sharp.... The contrast is really snappy too.
    Enjoy and post some photos around the forum.
    Thanks ... Shooter

3. daimos

daimos Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
    richard
    Isabel,
    I noticed your pictures on flicker has August as the current month

Post more pics when you can.
    :) 

4. isabel95

Tomrrow we have an Apple Festival in town...

It's the big event of the year and a great opportunity for getting some good color.

I've given myself an intensive immersion in the manual(s) and hopefully won't be hung up too much with details. Several years ago I had an Olympus "Uzi" and I remember that getting to that Custom menu to set things up was a bit of a doozy. I see it still is!

My brain is frazzled. I need some sleep!

Thanks for the input.

Isabel

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations Isabel! I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your photographs both on Flickr and in the forums.:cool: 

6. isabel95

Thank you, BBW. The PEN will get a good workout today at our annual Apple Festival in town.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.