1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Can't access scene mode omd em10 mk2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by 1964zammer, Jul 19, 2016.

1. 1964zammer

1964zammer New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2016
    Hello folks, just purchased a omd em10 mk 2 the other day. Was getting used to some of the different scenes and so forth and all was well, tonight I tried accessing the scene modes but when I would turn the dial selector to SCN the scene selections I had the other night were simply not available. I have gone over the manual and tried to find where I may have possibly switched something that is now preventing me from seeing the scene modes I had. My ART mode as well as my other modes seem to work just fine, so I was wondering if this is a known issue or whether I have caused the issue, any help with this would be appreciated, thanks

2. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    Do you mean that some scene modes are gone but others are still there? Or are you unable to put the camera in Scene mode, perhaps because the dial is flaky?

3. 1964zammer

1964zammer New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2016
    When I turn it from either ART or the composit mode the little welcome screen pops up and says... "automatic settings applied to the scene mode you select".. but there are no options to be made which is the frustrating part, the camera simply acts as though its in any regular type of shooting mode, in the bottom left of the display it shows an icon of a woman's face so I am assuming the camera is stuck in portrait mode... but I may be wrong

4. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    I wouldn't worry - the scene modes are a waste of time anyhow.

5. 1964zammer

1964zammer New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2016
    LOL... Possibly they are, but its a new camera to me and I'd like to know what happened.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I am not sure on your problem. If it is new to you and you haven't done much customizing, you could set everything back to factory defaults.

7. 1964zammer

1964zammer New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2016
    Gave that a shot, but thanks for the suggestion.

8. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That's not very helpful Paul. :rolleyes:

When you set the Mode Dial to Scene Mode do you get a graphic display? The rear dial (normally) would cycle through the different scene modes & pressing the OK button goes into that scene to a normal Live View screen & pressing OK again returns to the graphic scene mode selection display. Is that what you get?

9. 1964zammer

1964zammer New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2016
    Ooops, hit reply instead of quote... when I turn the select dial to SCN I get no graphic display at all and no choices to make just a screen showing what the camera is aimed at, here is a pic...[​IMG]
    [​IMG] 20160722_190203.

10. Ross the fiddler

I'll have to think on it a bit more, but what do you get when pressing the Info key (to cycle through the different screen options)?

11. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    Have you set that dial to a MySet by mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Ross the fiddler

Yes, I think that would be it! :2thumbs:
    He needs to go to Menu *B, Mode Dial Function & select OFF for the MySet that was set for that position to get back the Scene function again.

13. 1964zammer

1964zammer New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2016
    We have a winner...lol, that is apparently exactly what I did, thanks for figuring it out runner girl

• Like Like x 1
  14. 1964zammer

1964zammer New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2016
    Appreciate you explaining the steps to fix the problem that runner girl mentioned, much appreciated Ross the fiddler.

• Like Like x 1