Canonical list of m43 adapters?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by graustark, Jan 29, 2010.

1. graustark

graustark Mu-43 Rookie Charter Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Hi,

I'm a proud new owner of an E-P2.

Is there a complete list of all the adapters made for micro 4/3 cameras out there? I'm looking for an adapter that would work with my Kiev 4's lenses (I thought the Contax/Yashica adapter might be the one, but I was wrong) and I have some other lenses I'd love to find an adapter for. Like one for my Exakta lenses ... that's probably too much to hope for, though!

2. mabelsound

mabelsound Guest

You can get a Contax rangefinder adapter through seller amedeo.m on eBay. I believe he's the only game in town. I have one of his Contax-to-Leica-M adapters and it's excellent--the m4/3 ones are much less expensive, as they don't need to operate a rangefinder.

3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    yes there are several lists... none complete because by the time they are presented new adapters are available

ill look for one ,,,,,,,,check this forum and also ep-1.net

4. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
  5. graustark

graustark Mu-43 Rookie Charter Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Thanks! I bookmarked the list, and I'll keep an eye on that eBay seller. Looks like he's not listing anything now which is probably the best for my budget. :rolleyes:

I see Exakta's on the list -- hooray!

6. sebastel

sebastel Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 18, 2010
    not your business
    i know from jin rong, that he's working on a nikonS adapter with the inner bayonet. a version with the outer bayonet already exists.

(jin rong = RJ camera = jinfinance)

7. hohoho

hohoho Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Tokyo
    There are adapters to match lenses designed for Exakta/Topcon with any of a variety of bodies. (Here for example is a mention of one for Konica AR mount.) The combination of one of these with a μ43 adapter -- e.g. Exakta lens to AR body, plus AR lens to μ43 body -- ought to do the job.

I'm wondering how far this is going to go. Will some enterprising Chinese businessman wake up one morning and exclaim (whatever's the Chinese for), "Petri, Miranda: hell, yeah"?

8. Ben

Ben Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Apr 16, 2009
    London
    I can definitely give a :thumbup: to jinfinance on eBay.

This chap has tons and tons of adaptors http://www.adrianololli.com/ including the tilt shift one I have been banging on about. I give him a :2thumbs: as the quality is excellent and the service fast and unfussy.

9. ajramirez

ajramirez Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Any recommendations for a Canon FD adapter?

Regards,

Antonio

10. Ben

Apr 16, 2009
    London
    jinfinance on eBay has quite a clever approach. You can buy the 4/3 to M4/3 adaptor and pair it with any number of 4/3 adaptors - he even offers a set where you can pick which two of those you want to go with the main adaptor. Pretty sure that is the easiest way to adapt FD.

11. hohoho

hohoho Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Tokyo
    Hardly, unless you also want to use FD lenses with 4/3 as well as micro 4/3. Several companies make adapters that go directly from FD to micro 4/3.

12. Ben

Apr 16, 2009
    London
    They do indeed - but they are pretty much the same price. This way you have one relatively big adaptor and one or more tiny ones - saves space in the bag as well.

Granted if you only have FD lenses and no intention of scouring eBay for hidden gems (so much fun!) then you can save a little with the FD to M43 approach.

13. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I've recently undertaken to compile a (more or less) complete list of all of the legacy lens adapters I could uncover. Here's what I have so far:

List of Micro 4/3 Lens Adapters

Obviously this is not complete as vendors come and go fairly quickly, but I think it does give the user a decent overview of what mounts are available for adaptation to :43:. I've created the spreadsheet in Google Docs and thrown it open to anyone to edit, so if you know of some adapters I've missed, feel free to add to the list. I've also listed the flange focal distance (a.k.a. register) for all of the various mounts, which should give you an idea of the relative length of the different adapter options. I haven't attempted to provide any links, since these are quite fungible -- I'll leave it to the user and Google to track these down.

• Like Like x 4
  14. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I've spent some more time recently fleshing out my List of Micro 4/3 Lens Adapters.

As of today, I've cataloged standard adapters for over 50 lens mounts, tilt adapters for over 10 mounts, shift adapters for 8 mounts, and several other specialty solutions. There are not many lenses left out there that can't be adapted with an off-the-shelf solution.

If you know of a mount that I have missed, please let me know or feel free to update the spreadsheet with the information.