1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Canon to release new EOS M

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by jyc860923, Nov 3, 2013.

1. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    Read on a Chinese site which says Canon is about to publish the new EOS M on 10Th Nov.

My guess is Canon has been ready to join the mirrorless world with the new focusing system introduced in the 70D, what do you guys think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. My impression from trying out the live view AF on a 70D fitted with the new STM kit lens is that while it no longer hunts like the Canon CDAF of old, it is still slow by any reasonable measure.

• Like Like x 2
  3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I think the EOS M is a great idea. I really like the look and the concept was a great one{APS mirrorless with it's own lenses and able to use DSLR lenses with an adaptor}. I might have bought one if it weren't for two things. First I am a long time Nikon user and second the issues they had with AF. I wish Nikon had a similar camera! Yea I know the Nikon 1 can use F mount lenses but it isn't the same. Now I only have one excuse if the new one truly does have great AF.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    and much longer shutter lag while using that live view PDAF on 70D if I understand correctly from a review, and it hunts in low light. other than that, the on chip PDAF seems very precise even when focusing Sigma lenses.

I think the new EOS M should be a usability upgrade