Canon to release new EOS M

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by jyc860923, Nov 3, 2013.

1. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    Read on a Chinese site which says Canon is about to publish the new EOS M on 10Th Nov.

My guess is Canon has been ready to join the mirrorless world with the new focusing system introduced in the 70D, what do you guys think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. My impression from trying out the live view AF on a 70D fitted with the new STM kit lens is that while it no longer hunts like the Canon CDAF of old, it is still slow by any reasonable measure.

• Like Like x 2
  3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I think the EOS M is a great idea. I really like the look and the concept was a great one{APS mirrorless with it's own lenses and able to use DSLR lenses with an adaptor}. I might have bought one if it weren't for two things. First I am a long time Nikon user and second the issues they had with AF. I wish Nikon had a similar camera! Yea I know the Nikon 1 can use F mount lenses but it isn't the same. Now I only have one excuse if the new one truly does have great AF.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    and much longer shutter lag while using that live view PDAF on 70D if I understand correctly from a review, and it hunts in low light. other than that, the on chip PDAF seems very precise even when focusing Sigma lenses.

I think the new EOS M should be a usability upgrade

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.