1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Canon S95 for $229 today at Amazon.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Dec 19, 2011.

1. DDBazooka

DDBazooka Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Ordered one earlier today. It will be interesting to see how much use it will get vs my EPM1.

2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Oh yeah, if you have a MC and haven't done it yet. Register your MC with MC and they'll give you a $20 GC once you spend $200. This camera will do nicely.

3. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    It's still the best (truly) pocketable compact digicam out there. I'll be keeping my S90 until it dies, with CHDK it opens up effortless time-lapse shooting among other features, loving it. Looking at much more expensive S100, it seems like S95 may actually be better due to Sony CCD sensor. At $229, S95 costs less than most m43 lenses and still great for outdoor landscapes (good DR and no noise at ISO80) and indoors group shots w/o flash (infinity DoF at f2).
    I've substituted S90 with E-PM1+14mm for indoors but often I find that DoF can still be insufficient for larger groups, mind you that at f2.5 I am already at ISO1600 indoors (prefer at least 1/30s for people) so stopping down is not an option while flash is not something I like to use for those kinds of shots (you really need a good bounce for large groups, too much troubles and looks very weird for casual outings and weekly parties)

If I'm on a budget I think I could do just fine with S95 and E-PM1+Oly 45

4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Too bad I don't have the scratch right now.

5. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Is the deal already gone?

6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Looks like it :(

Not sure if I'm happy or sad (didn't order one, but was back and forth on the fence)

7. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Glad I resisted!:biggrin:

Now if they do that with the LX-5, I may not be able to resist...:redface:

8. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Crap. I paid $249 for a reconditioned one a couple of weeks ago.

9. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    They did it with the LX5 about 2 weeks ago.

I wonder if they will have something tomorrow. It's double MC promo day. The mom and appreciation promos overlap. So if you spend $200 at Amazon tomorrow, you'll get a $10 discount, $10 amazon credit and a $20 GC.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    A lot of my friends asking me which camera to buy and I always recommend S95 (for full Auto shooters) so I facebooked this deal to whole bunch of friends. I hope at least some if them were able to purchase it.