Canon R6 - bird in flight example

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
Not my shot; from one of the other forums I frequent. Not my subject category, either. Is this stop-action (20fps) not fairly extraordinary? Or nothing special?

Canon R6 - bird in flight shot

Canon-R6-bird-shot.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
Not my shot; from one of the other forums I frequent. Not my subject category, either. Is this stop-action (20fps) not fairly extraordinary? Or nothing special?

Canon R6 - bird in flight shot
Photog mentions using both Sharpen AI and Gigapixel AI. File as posted is 1698 pix wide. This suggests that the original may have been under 1000 pix wide. Of course it will seem heavily processed. This is not a fair test of the camera's capabilities.

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
RE: image size. The file sizes I post here (or anywhere) have no relation to the original 16MP coming from my camera. I would assume the same applies for the OP's 20MP R6. In other words, we really cannot presume the original image size from what we know can we? Yes, the GPX resizing does confuse matters.

I guess with the PP involved we can't really draw any firm conclusions one way or another.

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
RE: image size. The file sizes I post here (or anywhere) have no relation to the original 16MP coming from my camera. I would assume the same applies for the OP's 20MP R6. In other words, we really cannot presume the original image size from what we know can we? Yes, the GPX resizing does confuse matters.

I guess with the PP involved we can't really draw any firm conclusions one way or another.
Gigapixel is a jpeg enlarger. It would make no sense to use it before downrezzing for web posting...

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
Gigapixel is a jpeg enlarger. It would make no sense to use it before downrezzing for web posting...

I am aware of that. GPX could make sense if you were refining a close crop.

According to the OP, this was shot through a house window with a 24-240 lens.

Here is a snap of the original
3869×2579

Canon-R6-bird-shot.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom