Canon Pro Luster paper deal

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Fmrvette, May 25, 2014.

1. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
  2. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    Also you can usually get the Pro Luster paper free if you order your ink from Canon via their web site. The ink is the same price as Amazon so the free paper is a real sweetner. I've also gotten the larger sizes there buy one get one free. I have so much paper I'll never be able to use it all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fmrvette

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Print faster?

:biggrin:

Thanks for the tip on the ink ordering/free paper!

Regards,

Jim

4. rrobinson

rrobinson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2011
    How do you get this paper for free when you buy ink on the Canon site? I tried to do it and all I can get is free shipping with a certain dollar total.

5. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Ditto... I want to know also.

6. runner girl

Nov 26, 2011
    I haven't ordered in a month or so but it just seemed like the free paper showed up in the shopping cart... I will have to go back and look again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I bought some last year, and I got 4 free packs of 50 Pro Luster when I bought 1 pack.. they have deals from time to timeā€¦ Anyone looking for some paper? PM.. I have 3 packs to sell.. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. runner girl

Nov 26, 2011
    Right now your Cart would show free 4 x 6 paper. It looks like they are out of some stuff for the offer ending 5/31. I'd guess that there will be a new offer 6/1. Also many of the paper options are now buy 1 get 1 free. I just monitor this in advance of needing supplies to get the best deal. Of course, the ink is so expensive they should give you the printer and paper for free.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fmrvette

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    They just about did :biggrin:. The printer was a net $98 U.S. with a free pack of 13x19" semi-gloss thrown in. I did buy an extra ink pack (before I saw your post :frown:); when the original ink is gone I'm going to try refilling the cartridges using a kit from Precision Colors:

http://www.precisioncolors.com/PC42cref.html

I've read good things about their ink and it is considerably less expensive than Canon ink. (Of course this will depend on how much ink I actually use - if I only use a set or two a year then Canon would be the obvious choice; but if I print a lot from this gadget I'll give the refill kit a go and see how the colors are. YMMV).

Regard,

Jim

10. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    We're all Pro Lusters here... after gear, that is!

• Like Like x 1