1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Canon Pro-100 printer $99 at B&H after rebate & coupon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by flamingfish, Jun 6, 2016.

1. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    Emily
    Canon PRO 100 PIXMA Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo 6228B002

List price is $399. A $250 rebate takes that down to $149, then use coupon code "BHOPTIC16" for another $50 off. (Expires 6/30.) You end up getting the printer for less than the cost of a full set of ink cartridges. (There is ink included with the printer, but I'm not sure if they're regular-size cartridges or "starter" size.)

Also includes a 50-sheet box of 13x19 Canon Semi-Gloss paper.

Be aware that this printer is LARGE, so before you order, check to see that you have room for it.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Pretty sure that's the same deal I got 1+ years ago, it's so worth it! Great printer!

3. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    It is definitely worth it. As I recall the ink cartridges seemed to be regular, not starter. Also when ordering more cartridges I always check Canon first as they usually have deals that include free paper or other stuff. It seems that the OEM cartridges are about the same everywhere so it doesn't hurt to get something free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    I wish I was the kind of person that could jump on this to get the ink and then throw away the printer, can't make myself though. The ink is like $120 last time I checked.

• Like Like x 1
  5. @Michael

@Michael Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2016
    Minnesota, US
    Michael Janke
    I'm curious - Would this be a significant, noticeable step up from my Pro9000II?

6. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    This printer rocks. So glad I got mine. Indeed the ink that's included is full size. Refill ink can be found for $90-112. Sometimes less on ebay. Even when you buy direct from Canon you can bundle things for a discount. They have frequent paper sales.

7. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I don't think so from what I've read online. There are some in depth reviews that go over the differences. I never had one of those personally, but I think the benefits were minimal was the conclusion. However, you can upgrade for the price of a few set of inks and get free paper, so it's hard to pass up.

8. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    is this a pigment ink printer?

9. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    No it's dye based. If you want pigment get the Pro 1 or Pro 10 (more $$). However, I absolutely can't complain about the results and they inks should outlast the useful life of prints IMO.

10. JoJo Gunn

JoJo Gunn Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2016
    Dan Gunn
    BEWARE!!!!!! I sent in my paperwork to get the rebate and never got the gift card. When I contacted Canon, they said they never received my info. Canon said I could resend with copies of the forms. No rebate was ever received and Canon said too much time has passed to pursue again.

In a word, use "registered mail"

"Catch 22" Canon lost a longtime customer over this.

11. LensWork

LensWork Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 9, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    I picked one up at Christmas time and I have been very pleased with it.

12. littletim

littletim Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 30, 2016
    I picked one up last year too. Having a printer has encourage me to make more prints. I have made over 150 4x6 prints to hang up on the project wall. It's nice to see the wall covered up with family snap shots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mu-43 app

13. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Great deal, again. Too bad I have no room to get somthing like this. Wish I had a bigger place.

14. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    You have to make copies and follow up on rebates. They are a hassle, but that's how they are designed. You have to cross your i's and dot your t's and track them. Sorry this happened to you. I had a minor snafu with mine, because I sent the packing slip that came with the printer, rather than the "invoice", but I got an email telling me I had been rejected. I called Canon and actually got to talk to a live person who was very helpful and understanding. They said the packing slip wasn't proof of purchase (silly IMO), because it didn't have payment/price information. They walked me through what I needed and let me email them the "invoice" I downloaded from Adorama's website, while I was on the phone with them to make sure they got it and got it approved right away. They send emails through the entire process with status updates. I always keep track of rebates, esp big ones like this, so I don't miss the deadline. Always go online and check for receipt of paperwork for a week or two after you mail your forms to make sure they are received. If not, then resend copies. I've done a lot of rebates and never lost one.

I just recently had a similar situation with ASUS. I did everything right, but I forgot to sign the rebate form. I called them too, they wouldn't let me email or fax a copy of the rebate form w/signature though, so I had to resend that portion via snail mail, but got my rebate last week.

A little FYI for anyone who got one. Definitely try the Pro platinum paper. It's stunning. I thought the Luster & Semi-Gloss were very good, but Pro Platinum is just phenomenal for a more deep glossy look. I recently tried the Premium Matte paper, after printing my fist one on the wrong side, which was obviously disappointing...lol. I wasn't sure I was sold on it initially, but I did some larger prints and it too is quite awesome if you prefer Matte look...it even has a depth to it on my Black/white prints that is totally different in character to the glossy. It has a nice heft/feel to it like thick card stock and subtle texture. Just depends on the subject which one works better. It's also finicky about size you can print and can't do borderless without doing a workaround in the software, but having done so, I don't think I'd do borderless anyway...but I do wish it was more flexible (ie: I can't do 12x16" on matte). Forces you to chose A30 art margin, so prints are more like 11x16" on 13x19 paper, so I have to re-think my matting and presentation.

15. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    Emily
    Steve -- glad to hear that you're getting some good prints with the matte. When I get around to trying it, I'll probably pester you with questions. :)

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  16. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Feel free. I think I'm going to start a thread in the printer section for all to share tips. I hesitated because it's been so slow, but I think I'll do it now.

17. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    Any hints on where I insert the coupon code?

18. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    It's a mail in rebate.

19. king_solom0n

king_solom0n Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2015
    Bought one earlier this year off Craigslist for $95 with the 13x19 paper. So if you don't feel like dealing with the mail in rebate, you can check your local Craiglist. Seems like a lot of people get the printer in a bundle with a Canon camera but they don't want the printer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    Flamingfish, the OP stated that there is a coupon code for $50 off. I can't find anywhere to insert the code when I try to check out.