Canon Pro-100 Printer $59 after rebate w/free Paper

Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Canon PRO 100 PIXMA Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo 6228B002

There are always deals running on this printer, but $59 is about as good as you're gonna find it. It's a pretty nice printer for up to 13X19" with 50 sheets of Canon 13X19" paper included... of course your ink would run out before you printed all 50, but that's the nature of printers these days (unless you pay $2000 or more for a pro level machine). I have owned this for about four years and am rebuying it on this deal as mine is starting to show its age. There are decent refill kits and third party inks which do a good job as well if you don't want to spend ~$120 on refill inks.

TetonTom

Mu-43 Regular
Got one yesterday ! The $250 rebate goes until the end of the month, but the $50 instant savings ended last night. I’ve never had a photo printer, so I’m really looking forward to this.

Real Name
Andrew Lossing
It's a good printer! Like any inkjet, if you don't print regularly you will have head clog issues, but running a cleaning will fix it, at the cost of some ink. Re-inking is the hardest part (i.e. pay ~$120 for new ink cartridges or deal with third party options that may or may not replicate colors as well as the Canon inks).

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
Would this kit come with full capacity ink carts? I Googled it and got conflicting answers. Some said the "setup" carts actually contain slightly more ink than replacements...presumably to prime. Other replies stated, perhaps erroneously, that these were "starter" cartridges which is usually taken to mean less than full capacity.

Last edited:
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
I tried to find that information a little while back; I couldn't determine the capacity of the included inks versus the replacements. I'll take a look soon when I open my new unit.

Real Name
Andrew Lossing
The replacement cartridges I bought (third-party, not OEM) look the exact same as the ones that come with the printer. I think this setup is a one-size cartridge only.

Got my new printer set up and aligned, and one test print came out nice. Old printer is disposed of. Onwards!

spdavies

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stephen
The replacement cartridges I bought (third-party, not OEM) look the exact same as the ones that come with the printer. I think this setup is a one-size cartridge only.

The cartridges would of course be the same size - it's a mechanical thing - they have to fit.
"Starter" cartridges are the same physical size but contain less ink.
I don't know if that is the case with this Canon printer or not.

A word of caution - if you buy this deal -
when you send in your required paperwork for the rebate -
be extremely careful to follow the rebate instructions to the letter -
keep copies of everything, including your mailing postage receipt.
Send the paperwork in some verifiable form (signature, return receipt, etc.).
The company responsible for the rebates (it is not Canon)
is notorious for denying claims for minor mistakes, "losing" paperwork, etc.

Real Name
Andrew Lossing
The cartridges would of course be the same size - it's a mechanical thing - they have to fit.
"Starter" cartridges are the same physical size but contain less ink.
I don't know if that is the case with this Canon printer or not.

A word of caution - if you buy this deal -
when you send in your required paperwork for the rebate -
be extremely careful to follow the rebate instructions to the letter -
keep copies of everything, including your mailing postage receipt.
Send the paperwork in some verifiable form (signature, return receipt, etc.).
The company responsible for the rebates (it is not Canon)
is notorious for denying claims for minor mistakes, "losing" paperwork, etc.
I've claimed a rebate through them before, it is indeed important to take some pains with the documentation.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom