1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Canon pro-100 B&W has magenta tint

Discussion in 'Printing' started by walter_j, Aug 20, 2015.

1. walter_j

walter_j Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Hagwilget, B.C., Canada
    Walter
    I've seen others post with this issue, and I've tried some of the tips without luck. I print from LR CS6, and am unhappy with the slight tint of B&W prints. I've also seen a post where someone said the Pro-100 uses all the colours for B&W, and therefore the tint is unavoidable. Does anyone else use this printer for B&W prints and don't have this issue? If so, how do you avoid this issue?

2. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
  3. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    I have the Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II (predecessor of yours), and in the printer set up it can be configured to print in monochrome, and it doesn't use the colored inks and produces pure B&W prints. Using the Canon Print Pro utility (works as a plugin in LR) it's easy to configure the printer.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. siftu

siftu Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    siftu
    I only just got this printer and have made 3 B&W prints and do not see the purple tint (even asked my wife). I made sure to select the B&W only option in the print driver.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. walter_j

walter_j Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Hagwilget, B.C., Canada
    Walter
    I tried it again in PS, and it prints beautifully w/o colour cast when PS handles colour. Obviously there's a setting in LR that I don't have set properly. I'll see if I can chase it down.

6. SimonL

SimonL Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2009
    NW England
    I use the Pro-100 with Ilford Galerie and Permajet papers using my own profiles created using a ColorMunki Photo. They've been absolutely neutral from the first print I made with really smooth graduations from tone to tone. I couldn't be happier. Stick with it through the pain, when you get it right I'm sure you will be pleased. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1