Canon Pro 100 + 13x19 paper $48 AR

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by kwalsh, Sep 7, 2014.

1. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    The Pro 100 is back at a ridiculously low price with rebate and coupon code at B&H.

There is a $100 coupon code - PIXMAPSW
    There is a $250 rebate

Comes with 50 sheets of 13x19 semi-gloss paper (required for the rebate).

All for $48 after coupon and rebate.

Canon Pro 100

Please note the coupon code was very fussy to figure out how to enter. I believe you will have to use the link above and not just search for the Pro-100 on B&H. Next I believe you have to be logged into your B&H account. Finally at that point in your cart look to the left at the "helpful links" box and there is a tiny "enter promo code" text box there. However, that promo code box does not seem to appear unless you do all of the above. And I'm not 100% sure it will work coming from the affiliate link here at mu-43. So if you are having trouble you may need Google the coupon code and try the links directly from some coupon sites, but obviously if you can get it to work from here all the better as mu-43 will get the affiliate credit.

FYI, you should really never pay more than $100 for this printer, it usually runs with some sort of rebate getting it to $100. Right now the rebate is a bit worse than that ($150 after rebate) but the B&H coupon code gets it down to $50. Occasionally it gets effectively lower than this when paired with a camera or LR or something else, but this is about as cheap as the printer itself ever gets.

EDIT: Ugh, OK quick testing the above link is giving me problems - promo code doesn't appear. You may need to follow the link and instructions from here instead:

http://dealsea.com/view/bhphotovideo.com

Perhaps Amin can chime in if there is a good way to get the deal and give mu-43 the affiliate credit at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Are we sure this is valid for the $250 rebate. I just read the PDF for the rebates and it says its for :
    Canon PIXMA PRO Printer combination with purchase of eligible Canon Photo Paper.

Since the paper is included free is it considered a purchase? Otherwise its just a $200 rebate.

3. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes, it counts. That's how B&H, Adorama and a bunch of other merchants have been running the rebate for a couple of years now. They bundle the paper for the higher rebate.

4. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    My i9900 is giving me problems lately after approx 10yrs of usage so I was thinking when they will be running a printer deal and I saw your post:)

5. tkc9789

tkc9789 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I don't see where you can enter the promo code.....

6. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Follow the instructions in the second link. Be sure to close your browser first, the login to BH and use the link provided at dealsea. Unless I did those things I also did not get the promo code entry box. It was confusing and frustrating!

• Like Like x 1
  7. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Thanks a bunch! Ordered it.

8. shutterduster

shutterduster Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    Hey Guys and Gals I'm in Canada. Does this coupon deal work for us up here in the white north.

Thanks a lot, Dave

9. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I don't know about the $100 coupon, but the more important $250 rebate does not appear to be valid outside the U.S. according to the rebate form :frown:

10. shutterduster

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    Sheesh.......when will they ever cut us a break?:mad:

11. blacksquare

blacksquare New to Mu-43

Sep 2, 2014
    Czech Republic
    I'm from Czech Republic (Middle Europe) and here Canon Pro 100 -> $550 :frown:

12. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Guys, the only reason it is so cheap here in the states is that canon knows we will buy their inks. If anyone buys aftermarket ink the NSA will dispatch the local police to come and shoot us for resisting arrest.

13. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Once you apply for statehood :wink:

14. shutterduster

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    Looking like a good idea RDM,
    How does one do that?:rolleyes:

15. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    You have to watch California and take notes once they split into four separate states, the government will probably be more receptive after that :p

16. harryz

harryz Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Igor
    Get all the time:

Invalid promotion code.

in different browsers and tried to apply it in different ways.

17. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    @harryz - Ah, coupon code might be expired now. No site seemed to know what the expiration date was.

18. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

The promotional code is defiantly not valid anymore. I tried to use it at all the sites to be sure.
    I do not believe there was a time limit to it, but rather a quantity limit.
    After mentioning this to a friend of mine, that works for Sharp, he explained to me how they do something like this too for their online deals.
    How they sometimes have a discount code for certain items that expire after a certain amount of usage.

19. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    The deal will be back, its been cropping up frequently. IMO the deal that pops up with the S110 and the printer for ~$180 is better, you can get the camera and re-sell it making the printer almost free.

And FWIW, the rebate process is smooth and fast! I got my card in about two weeks.

20. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes, deals like this come around a fair bit. For about the past year printer+paper for $100 after rebate is the starting point, don't pay more than that if you can wait a few weeks to watch various deals develop.

This kind of deal, paper+printer for around $50, seems to come up every three or four months.

There are more frequently other deals including either Lightroom or a camera that are just as good or even cheaper if you actually need Lightroom, the camera or want to bother with selling the camera.

So anyway, if you missed this one just keep your eye out for a month or two.