Canon Pixma PRO-100 printer + extras for $88 after rebate [US only]

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by DeeJayK, Jul 26, 2013.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    This looks like a great price on a well-reviewed Canon wireless inkjet photo printer from BuyDig.com. It's bundled with a 50-pack of Canon 13" x 19" semi-gloss paper (~$38 value) and a Lexar 16GB flash drive (~$8 value). Up-front cost is $388 with free shipping in the US (sales tax charged for New Jersey residents only). There is a $300 rebate which brings the final cost down to $88.

I haven't used this printer, but I've had good experiences with Canon printers in general. This product seems to be well reviewed. Note that this printer uses dye-based inks. The upside of dye-based inks is that they are less likely than pigment-based inks to clog the jets when the printer is not used regularly and they provide marginally more saturation. The downside of dye-based inks is that the prints will fade more quickly as compared to those from pigment-based devices, although Canon claims a 100 year life from their latest dye inks.

Some reviews:
    [hat tip to Slickdeals]

2. makoti

makoti Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Virginia
    Looks like it's gone. :-(

3. kenez

kenez Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Still available at Adorama.

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Yeah, all the major camera retailers have almost as good deals going on, even if they aren't bundling a couple of trinkets the going rate is still about $90 for printer/paper after the rebate. I did 2 of these rebates, 2nd one was just approved and is pending shipment...so long as they are different specific promotion codes (the major retailers each have their own - bh, adorama, buydig, amazon and probably a few others, while smaller ones like cameta share a joint promotion code). I strongly advise sending priority mail - sent both of mine, they were entered in the system in a week, approved the next, and the first one arrived at the end of the 3rd week - given the same progress with my 2nd rebate I'm expecting a second $300 card back sometime next week.

BTW the printer is great, finally set it up today and did a couple of test prints, never done anything this big at home before and I'm pretty satisfied!

5. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    James
    These deals do come around from time to time. I got the predecessor printer (9000 mk 2) for $150 last spring. The 9000 is a great printer, and the 100 has a few improvements (ink set works better for B&W, for example). Also keep an eye out, Canon has had some great deals on photo paper.

6. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    The deal above does also include 50 sheets of 13x19 paper, which runs close to$50 on its own!