Canon Pixma Pro 100 + 13 x 19 Paper - $99 after rebate

edwardconde

Mu-43 All-Pro
Adorama has this combo for $99 after $300 rebate in form of an AMEX card.
Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Professional Photo Inkjet Printer 6228B002

I just bought it last week from BHPhoto for the same price and about to submit my rebate. BH has it a $139 after rebate currently.

I have already printed 2 of my images and all i have to say is WOW... really like it so far and the true black & white prints. I also printed a desaturated image. Tonight i plan on printing a vibrant color image to see how it turns out..

Anyhow just wanted to share... I think the sale goes on till the end of the month but don't quote me on that...

Happy Printing!:2thumbs:

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I bought this several months ago at $200 off and have to say this is a steal.

I am very happy with the output.

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
I need to replace my older canon pixma. My concern is how easy it is to get the rebate processed and the money back.

Anyone have an idea of how it compares to the Epson Stylus R2000?

edwardconde

Mu-43 All-Pro
I will know about the rebate in the coming weeks...

One of the questions I had on the ICC profiles for the luster paper is that there are 2 options for the paper. LU101 8.5 x 11 has 2 different profiles and not sure where to look to get the skinny on the differences..

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
I need to replace my older canon pixma. My concern is how easy it is to get the rebate processed and the money back.

Anyone have an idea of how it compares to the Epson Stylus R2000?

Well, I did 2 of these rebates (you can do as many as you want from different retailers as long as the offer has a unique offer code). Both of them were spectacularly easy, by far the fastest rebated I've ever done - both were received within 3 weeks. I did send by priority mail for my own insurance since they are pretty big rebates, but other than that did nothing different from anything else.

gtesta13

Mu-43 Regular
The rebate form says 200$ rebate for printer only and 300$ if you purchase paper ... is that correct ? Do I have to find the qualifying paper from the site and add to cart for the 300$ rebate. That's how it appears to me .

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
The rebate form says 200$ rebate for printer only and 300$ if you purchase paper ... is that correct ? Do I have to find the qualifying paper from the site and add to cart for the 300$ rebate. That's how it appears to me .

This is how I read it too. But, adorama is giving away 50 sheets of canon paper with it. So my guess is, that maybe just the UPC from the paper that Adorama is giving away with it would be enough, but I'm not sure.

gtesta13

Mu-43 Regular
This is how I read it too. But, adorama is giving away 50 sheets of canon paper with it. So my guess is, that maybe just the UPC from the paper that Adorama is giving away with it would be enough, but I'm not sure.

I'm viewing on my phone but did not and can not find where it says that paper will be included ?!? Is that when you put it in the Cart ! I really want to jump on this if I don't have to purchase the 70$ paper. Thanks for any help anyone can provide

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Yes, the 'free' paper does count towards the extra $100 rebate - as long as both items are on the same invoice you'll get the $300 rebate.

gtesta13

Mu-43 Regular
Side note: I was reading some of the questions listed on the site and someone mentioned that you can call the number on the back of the rebate card and request a check. This is what I will attempt. I paid with Paypal billmelater and I will just pay some minimum payments until the check comes and then use that to pay off the balance. This way I didn't have to use $400 out of my bank account. For anyone who may want this but can't find the $400 to put up while waiting for the $300 to come back.

edwardconde

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi All..

So i have gone through the 5 free sheets of 8.5 x 11 luster pro paper that came with the printer. In searching around, Canon has a deal on paper right now. You can but one pack of 50 sheets of semi-gloss or luster pro paper for $34.99 and get 4 free packs of the same paper free. So basically you get 5 packs of 50 sheets for $34.99 + tax + Shipping..

I just paid $45 total for 250 sheets of Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster 8.5x11. This is a sweet deal. Shipping was 5.99 for ground...

Here is the link - http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/ink-paper-toner/paper/semi-glossy-paper

Deal end September 21st!

Gidget

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leah Hallett
I did the same thing, but actually had ordered the Photo Paper Pro Luster paper, (5) 50 sheet packs for $43 before I saw the deal here on the printer.

Now I just need to locate quality compatible ink cartridges - I can't afford OEM ink. ):

edwardconde

Mu-43 All-Pro
I did the same thing, but actually had ordered the Photo Paper Pro Luster paper, (5) 50 sheet packs for $43 before I saw the deal here on the printer.

Now I just need to locate quality compatible ink cartridges - I can't afford OEM ink. ):

Let us know if you find any deals on ink!

sammykhalifa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Neil
This seems like a great deal but I worry about how much I'll actually end up using it (and/or how much I'll end up spending on ink and paper). I'm a total printing ignorant and am not sure? :confused:

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
To be honest ink is the reason I sprung for a 2nd one of these printers - ink, another 50 sheets of paper and spare parts/printer replacement if the first one breaks for another $90 bucks? It is a good deal every time you order!

In case anyone is considering this, all you have to do is make sure the specific rebate code/offer is different. All of the larger retailers receive their own unique code (adorama, BH, Amazon, beach camera, buydig and probably some others), but the smaller stores do use the same code (I bought one from Cameta which was on the regional retailer list of smaller stores - they all used the same code).

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
At work I have the model that this one replaced and it is a great printer{once it warms up - takes a few minutes to do that!}. I got the one I have because Canon had a similar $200 off and B&H had it on sale. Final price for printer was $120 or so.

If you want a very good printer at a GREAT price then grab one of these. I would get one for myself, for home if I hadn't just spend $300 on bills.:frown:

Latest threads

Top Bottom