1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony in Spreadsheet ...

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by RaZZ3R, May 16, 2013.

1. RaZZ3R

RaZZ3R Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2011
    Italy
    Ovidiu
    ... was asked of me to be published for easy comparison in terms of size, weight and price (relative to recent prices since I don't update my info every day or week). So here they are, all prices are taken from the Italian Online Market or converted to euro from the USA market where not specified the price in euro (ex: $).

Canon & Nikon mounts (including Third Party Manufacturers) that are Full Frame compatible only:

[​IMG]

Addendum: the lenses written in black bold and italic have some sort of weather proofing (official info).

Pentax lenses:

[​IMG]

Sony lenses:

[​IMG]

Addendum: the lenses written in bold are compatible with Full Frame mount and the one written in italic are APS-C only lenses.

Please note that some information may not be complete or even correct about the availability and price in the European, and specifically Italy, market.

I hope this helps in some way people who need or want to make a choices or comparisons.

Respect Ovidiu.

2. RaZZ3R

RaZZ3R Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2011
    Italy
    Ovidiu
    Also, I forgot about, Samsung NX system ...

[​IMG]

... which, it seems to me, is the cheapest (but not the worst build quality and neither image quality) lens system currently on the market (excluding Pentax Q & Nikon V1 because there system are so small and cheaper to make because of the size of the sensors).

"Whispering" -> If Samsung had IBIS in there camera I would have gone to them from day one.

3. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    It's going to take some digesting, though it's probably the older lens that are more suitable for adaption - few of the Pentax lenses listed (only the FA range) have aperture rings for example...

Are there any adapters available for NX lenses? I always thought it wasn't practical.

The Tamron 180mm Macro might be worth investigating - I've often wanted more working distance and the other long macros are twice the price.

4. RaZZ3R

RaZZ3R Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2011
    Italy
    Ovidiu
    Adapting a aperture ringless lens is almost useless because you are stuck using the last aperture setting of the last time used. And having a second body to change the aperture then put the lens on your M 4/3 camera kind of defeats some of the purpose.

There are some lenses that I would love to use and buy into that system just for the lenses, ex: Canon TS-E lenses, Canon MP-E 65mm Macro, Nikon PC-E lenses, Nikon 28-300mm f 3.5-5.6 VR, Pentax Limited lense, Sony 30mm f 2.8 Macro, Tamron 60mm f 2 Macro, Tamron 180mm f 3.5 Macro, Tamron 200-500mm f 5-6.3 (Only of Sony because of the IBIS, unfortunately not available on Pentax :mad:)

But as it stands Tamron doesn't have all of there lenses available on Pentax mount and that makes me extremely infuriating because they have the lowest prices but not the lowest quality (certainly better then pentax CQ).

Almost any lenses can be adapted to NX mount (as is the nature of mirrorless design) and there are adapter for almost any mount that you can think of: Canon FD, Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony/Minolta A, Sony E, Pentax K, Minolta MD, Contax-Yashica, Fujica, Olympus OM, M42, M39, etc ... just search on ebay and you will find them by the dozens.

Just look out about the long FL because Samsung NX cameras lack IBIS and with low high-ISO performance you might find it difficult to hand held beyond 200mm except in bright, clear, sunny days ... as is with the adapted Tamron 180mm f 3.5 Macro on any non IBIS cameras.

Thinking about it almost every system has a few small (but big for me) niggles that keep me going head in and with all heart ... dang it.