1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Canon nFD 50mm 1.4 Lens

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by WT21, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Canon nFD 50mm 1.4 lens (bayonet, not breech mount). The glass is in very good condition. There is some minor dust, but nothing different from what you would expect from a lens like this, and nothing that will impact image quality. Aperture is snappy -- positive stops and no oil on the blades. Other than the notes below, the body is in very good shape.

The filter ring has a ding. I have been able to screw in a 52mm to 58mm step-up ring. I find 58mm filters more common across my other gear, so I already have ND and CPL filters at 58mm. So, it's workable, but it's not an easy on/off for something like a filter. A step up ring will cost you about $5.

The focus ring is a little stiff, but again very workable.

I don't have either caps for this lens, but I will ship it securely. A front pinch cap will cost you $2-5, and you will want to buy an FD to m43 adapter, so the rear cap shouldn't be an issue.

I like the output of the Canon FD lenses on m43. I find their color better than a lot of legacy lens options.

These 50mm 1.4 tend to go for around $69-85 + shipping and with no caps, in EX or better condition (looking at KEH) or $75+ used at Adorama. I'm selling this one for $45 shipped and paypaled, given the above issues. An inexpensive way to test out legacy glass.

CONUS, PayPal regular.

Attached Files:

2. cpt000

cpt000 Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mar 11, 2012
    Sent payment - looking forward to it. Acknowledge Monday mailing.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.