1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Canon New FD focus ring issue

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by super slinky, Jul 14, 2012.

1. super slinky

super slinky Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 14, 2012
    Hi! Everyone! Has anyone had the same experience with the new FD? Mine is a 50/1.4. On big adjustments it seems to be fine, but on those small adjustments, errrrr its sticks quite a bit, very far from my Takumar. I wanna know if there's a fix for this? Id appreciate your thoughts! TIA :) 
    BTW, this is my first post. Hello everyone! :) 

2. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

Hey, I have one of the old 50/1.4s and love it adapted for m43. Wish I knew of something to help with yours - just one thing comes to mind: lots of use. To speed that process up you can try twisting back and forth, and make your way over the range of the lens as you're watching a movie or such.

How is the new 50/1.4 supposed to compare to the old ones?

3. super slinky

super slinky Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 14, 2012
    I dont own the old one-yet, but Id love to do a comparison, when I grab a hold of one. With my new FD, I dont know if it's grease that hardened with time or it really is like that since it is my first lens in the New FD mount. Thanks. I appreciate it :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.