1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Canon MG5350 prints wrong colours

Discussion in 'Printing' started by erwine, Dec 25, 2012.

1. erwine

erwine New to Mu-43

Dec 25, 2012
    Hello,

I bought a very good photo printer, the Canon MG5350, just a week ago. The pictures are nearly perfect, but the colour rendition is sometimes wrong, green colour is rendered brownish. Monitor image and camera image show identical green colour (see picture reif2) but the prints are brownish (see picture brownish). So I believe it to be a printer problem. The printer selftest does not show any problems (all lines are printed in the respective colours).

The ink containers are still full. What can I do in order to get printed the correct colours?

Thanks in advance

Erwin
    Pictures were taken with Olympus E-PL5.

Attached Files:

2. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    James
    Color management

I suspect that you have a color management problem. Do you have the printer set to auto color? If you do, the driver can change your colors all around on you. To get colors to match on printer and screen, you really need to calibrate your monitor, turn off auto color on the printer, and use a color managed application to do your printing, using the color profile for your printer and the paper that you have chosen (paper manufacturers will provide these on their websites for many printers).

While I am using color management myself, I don't feel that I am knowledgeable enough about it to guide you all the way through the process. There may be other on here able to do that, or do some searching for color management to get more information. It is a complex topic.