1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Canon Lenses

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by hamadiscool, Apr 18, 2011.

1. hamadiscool

hamadiscool Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2011
    Texas
    So I am selling all of my Canon gear and moving on to :43: and thought I would share my pictures from craigslist. I used a GF1 and 20mm f/1.7 with flash to take these photos. I took these pics in my custom white box :tongue:.

I am really going to miss these lenses. I hope that Olympus 9-18mm can satisfy my wide angle love affair!

2. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    For your white box, I'd add some more light from above facing backwards.... Use several light sources. I have a large white box made from white foamboard. And then 4 clip-on full-spectrum CFL lights...

You can get something more like this...

5632856537_dc664946f8_b.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hamadiscool

Jan 23, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately I didn't have a lamp handy so I just ended up using the on camera flash.

4. My "white box" consists of a large white sheet of paper on the dinner table and an external flash set to bounce off the (white) ceiling. Probably not quite as effective as a properly set up white box but it does avoid casting any shadows behind the object.

5. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    That Sigma 10-20 is a great lens. I had one for my old Xti which I sold when I switched to m4/3 format.

How much are you looking to get for it. I know someone that may be interested

6. hamadiscool

Jan 23, 2011
    Texas
    I am looking into getting an external flash for the GF1 hopefully it will complement the camera nicely.

I used it on my XTI too! I am try to sell my gear locally but thanks for your interest :smile:.

7. The Sigma 10-20mm is a great lens for the price. I kept it over a Canon EFS 10-22mm on a price vs performance basis. Sure the Sigma distorts heavily in the corners at 10mm but if you can make the distortion work for you it's awesome.