1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Canon Lenses

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by hamadiscool, Apr 18, 2011.

1. hamadiscool

hamadiscool Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2011
    Texas
    So I am selling all of my Canon gear and moving on to :43: and thought I would share my pictures from craigslist. I used a GF1 and 20mm f/1.7 with flash to take these photos. I took these pics in my custom white box :tongue:.

I am really going to miss these lenses. I hope that Olympus 9-18mm can satisfy my wide angle love affair!

2. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    For your white box, I'd add some more light from above facing backwards.... Use several light sources. I have a large white box made from white foamboard. And then 4 clip-on full-spectrum CFL lights...

You can get something more like this...

5632856537_dc664946f8_b.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hamadiscool

Jan 23, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately I didn't have a lamp handy so I just ended up using the on camera flash.

4. My "white box" consists of a large white sheet of paper on the dinner table and an external flash set to bounce off the (white) ceiling. Probably not quite as effective as a properly set up white box but it does avoid casting any shadows behind the object.

5. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    That Sigma 10-20 is a great lens. I had one for my old Xti which I sold when I switched to m4/3 format.

How much are you looking to get for it. I know someone that may be interested

6. hamadiscool

Jan 23, 2011
    Texas
    I am looking into getting an external flash for the GF1 hopefully it will complement the camera nicely.

I used it on my XTI too! I am try to sell my gear locally but thanks for your interest :smile:.

7. The Sigma 10-20mm is a great lens for the price. I kept it over a Canon EFS 10-22mm on a price vs performance basis. Sure the Sigma distorts heavily in the corners at 10mm but if you can make the distortion work for you it's awesome.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.