• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

Canon FDn 85mm f/1.2L | Location: USA | Ships: CONUS

Buy/Sell feedback for MAubrey (3)

MAubrey

Photographer
Real Name
Mike Aubrey
Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
Selling
Canon FDn 85mm f/1.2L

Prices
$825

Ships to
CONUS

Description
I've had two copies of this lens for about two years now. I don't know why I've had two copies. It just sort of happened. And I've been meaning to sell one of them for about eight months, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Anyway, this is one of the greatest 85mm lenses ever made. There have been only three 85mm f/1.2's designed, two by Canon and one by Zeiss. And they all have spectacular performance. You can read about all three in this google translated version of Marco Cavina's discusison of the three lenses: ZEISS PLANAR 85mm f / 1,2 - CANON FD 85mm f / 1,2 L - CANON EF 85mm f / 1.2 L Mk II

Both my copies are in pristine condition. There is, of course, some dust in the lens, as there is in all lenses, but there are no scratches or marks on the glass, nor fungus or anything like that. There is minimal paint loss on the barrel, but the focusing helicoid is perfectly smooth. Included (but not pictured) is the original hood for the lens. You will also receive both caps for the lens.

They have also both been converted to Canon EF with an EdMika conversion kit, so if you also shoot Canon, you can enjoy this lens on your DSLR as well. All APS-C dSLR's will focus to infinity, the 5D & 5DmkII to about 12ft, and the 5DmkIII to 30 feet. And of course, in live view with the mirrorbox raised infinity isn't a problem at all.

Putting the Metabones EF to μ43 Speedbooster on this lens will gice you an awesome 60mm f/.9 lens--that's on my to-do list for the copy I'm keeping.

_9160010.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_9160009.jpg

_9160008.jpg

_9160007.jpg

Canon%20FDn%2085mm%20f1.2L%20MTF%20-%201.JPG
Canon%20FDn%2085mm%20f1.2L%20MTF%20-%202.JPG

Specification:
Focal length: 85mm
Aperture ratio: 1:1.2
Lens construction: 6 groups, 8 elements (including one aspherical element)
Coating: S.S.C (super spectra coating)
Angle of view: Diagonal: 28°30' Vertical: 16° Horizontal: 24°
Distance Scale: (m) 0.9 (magnification 0.12X) to l0.OO (ft) 3 to 30.oo
Focusing: Helicoid
Minimum aperture: f/16 .A
Diaphragm: Automatic
Filter Size: 72mm
Hood: BT-72
Cap: C-72 (CG2-0073)
Function: Auto Aperture, Full aperture metering (AE operation when used with ALL Canon automatic SLR cameras.
Length x max. diameter: 71mm x 80.8mm
Weight: 680g

Payment accepted
  • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
  • Personal/Gift PayPal (violates PayPal policy and no buyer protection)
Shipping method
UPS Ground

Shipping charge
$10

Handling time
2-3 days

References
Ebay: mgaubrey318

Additional comments
  • Not open to trade offers
  • Open to reasonable offers below asking price
  • Will ship only to the address on the PayPal transaction details page
Acknowledgement
  • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Latest threads

Top Bottom