1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Canon FDn 50mm f/1.4 adapted to GH2 - product image

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by DHart, Mar 5, 2011.

1. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    I recently got this LX5 and wide angle conversion lens and have been having fun shooting with it... but this thread is about using the Canon FDn 50/1.4 on the GH2. Lens was set at f/8.

P1010210.

I think the Canon FDn 50/1.4 is among the very best choices as an adapted lens for m4/3, especially for selective focus images. They're readily available, not expensive, and perform very well.

As for the LX5... when you want a "grab n run" camera, something smaller, lighter, and more versatile (24-90mm equiv. lens f/2.0-3.3), in a smaller form factor than m4/3, I think the LX5 is a great choice. The wide angle lens does negate this advantage, but is fun to have... yields 18mm equivalent field of view.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    Makes me wonder if getting the oly 1.8 was the right decision... Granted it was $20... But that is tack sharp!

3. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    No doubt the Oly 1.8 is a great lens and plenty sharp. $20 is a steal. Enjoy it.

4. agoglanian

agoglanian Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2010
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    Abram Goglanian
    Could you tell me which adapter you used? I originally purchased the one from Rainbowimaging but sadly it doesn't focus to infinity. They agreed there was a flaw in their design and refunded my money. I heard about one from cicero7 (SP?) but it was around $60

I want to find a decent adapter, and if I have to pay more for it then so be it, but I've got all these FD lenses I want to start using on my GF1 :D

5. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    This one works great for me... worth a try for the money, available right here in the USA from Fotodiox. Don't buy from Fotodiox directly, you can get a better deal buying through Amazon:

Amazon.com: Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Canon FD, New FD, FL Lens to MFT Micro 4/3 Four Thirds System Camera Mount Adapter, for Olympus Pen E-PL1, E-P2, Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, G2, GH2, GF1, GH1 G10: Electronics

• Like Like x 1
  6. agoglanian

agoglanian Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2010
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    Abram Goglanian
    So No trouble with infinity focus then? I was looking at the one from RJ camera, it'll be a little bit more expensive ($37) but I've heard good things about them as well.

7. compositor20

compositor20 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2010
    the RJ camera adapter focus to infinity well it focus beyond infinity so if anyone knows one that focus only to infinity it would be great and easy for street photography

8. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Great shot, love the lighting. Do you by any chance have pics taken at f/1.4 and f/2?