Canon FD mount question for E-PM1

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by zammer, Jun 11, 2012.

1. zammer

zammer Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Hi Folks, just joined up a few days ago after purchasing a E-PM1, saw several threads mentioning that many folks are using old school slr lenses on their cameras using a specific mount. Knowing my Dad has a few old Canon lenses he confirmed that they were FD lenses with the bayonet style.

I took a look at the Fotodiox site and believe I have found the mount I need, but before ordering I was hoping that someone could just confirm ( based on the info I supplied ) that this should be the correct mount...the reason I ask is the compatibility for the Canon FD mount to micro 4/3 doesn't show E-PM1 it does show Olympus PEN E-P1 & Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, DMC-GH1, DMC-GF1
    http://www.fotodiox.com/index.php?cPath=21_101

Appreciate any help you can offer.

2. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Looks like compatibility chart hasn't been updated since first generation MFT's. Fotodiox adapter for Canon FD works fine with E-PM1.

3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Chuck's right that this one should work for you.

In fact, as far as I know there are no restrictions from using any adapter on any particular :43: camera. That is, if an adapter works with one :43: body, it will work with all of them. By the way, I believe that technically the Canon FD mount is breech-lock mount, rather than a bayonet mount.

I don't have any experience with this particular Fotodiox adapter, but I recently picked up an FD mount adapter from RainbowImaging, which seems to be working well.

Which lenses do you have?

4. zammer

zammer Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Thanks for the quick reply's guys, much appreciated. Also, thanks for the clarification on the breech lock mount. As for the particular lenses I am not sure, next time I drop by for a visit I'll be sure to get the specs.

5. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    My Fotodiox Canon FD to m43 adapter is mounted on my old 50mm f 1.8. Works just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. harrysue

harrysue Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    They sell the same Fotodiox part on Amazon for about ten dollars less. If you can wait 4 weeks for free shipping from China, similar adapters are cheaper on ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  7. They might be the later model "new FD" or FDn lenses which share the same mount but no longer have a separate breech to lock the lens as the early FD and FL lenses did. The FDn lenses twist on and have a button lock, but both types fit the same adapter.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

I'll second the comment, that if it's compatible with one m43, it's compatible with others.

I've had good luck with RainbowImaging adapters, (RainbowImaging), as well as the Fotodiox ones.

• Like Like x 1