Canon FD mount question for E-PM1

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by zammer, Jun 11, 2012.

1. zammer

zammer Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Hi Folks, just joined up a few days ago after purchasing a E-PM1, saw several threads mentioning that many folks are using old school slr lenses on their cameras using a specific mount. Knowing my Dad has a few old Canon lenses he confirmed that they were FD lenses with the bayonet style.

I took a look at the Fotodiox site and believe I have found the mount I need, but before ordering I was hoping that someone could just confirm ( based on the info I supplied ) that this should be the correct mount...the reason I ask is the compatibility for the Canon FD mount to micro 4/3 doesn't show E-PM1 it does show Olympus PEN E-P1 & Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, DMC-GH1, DMC-GF1
    http://www.fotodiox.com/index.php?cPath=21_101

Appreciate any help you can offer.

2. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Looks like compatibility chart hasn't been updated since first generation MFT's. Fotodiox adapter for Canon FD works fine with E-PM1.

3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Chuck's right that this one should work for you.

In fact, as far as I know there are no restrictions from using any adapter on any particular :43: camera. That is, if an adapter works with one :43: body, it will work with all of them. By the way, I believe that technically the Canon FD mount is breech-lock mount, rather than a bayonet mount.

I don't have any experience with this particular Fotodiox adapter, but I recently picked up an FD mount adapter from RainbowImaging, which seems to be working well.

Which lenses do you have?

4. zammer

zammer Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Thanks for the quick reply's guys, much appreciated. Also, thanks for the clarification on the breech lock mount. As for the particular lenses I am not sure, next time I drop by for a visit I'll be sure to get the specs.

5. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    My Fotodiox Canon FD to m43 adapter is mounted on my old 50mm f 1.8. Works just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. harrysue

harrysue Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    They sell the same Fotodiox part on Amazon for about ten dollars less. If you can wait 4 weeks for free shipping from China, similar adapters are cheaper on ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  7. They might be the later model "new FD" or FDn lenses which share the same mount but no longer have a separate breech to lock the lens as the early FD and FL lenses did. The FDn lenses twist on and have a button lock, but both types fit the same adapter.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Guest

I'll second the comment, that if it's compatible with one m43, it's compatible with others.

I've had good luck with RainbowImaging adapters, (RainbowImaging), as well as the Fotodiox ones.

• Like Like x 1