Showcase Canon FD mount AC lenses: 50mm f/1.8, AC 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5, AC 75-200mm f/4.5

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran
These lenses were specific to the T80, Canon's only autofocus setup during the 35mm camera T series, with motors built into the side of the lenses, having no aperture ring, and a small portion of exposed focus ring for manual adjustment. They are incredibly ugly, and I hope to collect all three!

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Adapted to EM10.2 with Pixco focal reducer. I'm surprised by how close the tele end focuses, and the quality of out-of-focus areas isn't terrible!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Same setup as before.

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I don't think he could take his eye off the weird new lens!

Fine tuning focus with a small section of focal ring is an experience to get used to. Interestingly, the feel of the manual focus is quite different to other FD lenses, with a small amount of resistance coming (I presume) from the motor - inoperable on m43, of course, but it feels the same when manually focussing on a T80 body with electronic connection.

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran
These two were straight out of camera; I used the Raynox DCR 250 macro adapter, which actually makes manual focussing this AC-zoom 35-70 easier to focus by adding more grip to the focal ring.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom