1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Canon FD - M4/3 problemo

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by cescpistol, Jul 3, 2015.

1. cescpistol

cescpistol New to Mu-43

Jun 6, 2015
    donald mccoll
    i purchased a couple of fd lenses and m4/3 adapters from fleabay. Both lenses worked with the adapters straight away but after realising the aperture was fixed on both bits of glass i sorted that and now the adapters won't connect again. Help please! TIA.

2. datagov

datagov Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2012
    New York
    The adapters have a slider with two modes - locked and open. They should be locked when you want to put them on the lens and open when you want to change aperture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. cescpistol

cescpistol New to Mu-43

Jun 6, 2015
    donald mccoll
    thanks for the info. the problem is that i can no longer connect the adapter to the lens. :-( The aperture on the fd lenses was fixed so i corrected that after watching some youtube vids on the subject but there is now something blocking the connection to the adapter.

4. datagov

datagov Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2012
    New York
    Change the adapter ring to Locked and try again...

5. cescpistol

cescpistol New to Mu-43

Jun 6, 2015
    donald mccoll
    i've tried locked with 2 different adapters. i think i might just have to bin the lenses.

6. datagov

datagov Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2012
    New York
    hmm, how about posting some photos of what is not working?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. GnedTheGnome

GnedTheGnome Mu-43 Regular

FWIW, I, too, had a hard time getting the adapter I bought on ebay to attach to my fd lens. The problem was that the lever on the adapter was getting stuck on the wrong side of the lever that operates the aperture on the lens. It took several tries and a lot of fiddling to get it properly into place. With FD lenses I recommend planning to buy an adapter for each lens, and to never, ever take them off.

P.S. If you plan to bin the lenses, feel free to send them to me. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. An FD/FL adapter should be set to "Open" to mount and dismount the lens and "Lock" to engage the stop down lever, not the other way around.

9. That's bizarre that some adapters are labelled back-to-front.

10. cescpistol

cescpistol New to Mu-43

Jun 6, 2015
    donald mccoll
    Here's one of the lenses.

Attached Files: