Canon FD lenses?

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
Excuse me if this has already been discussed.

I've been offered some Canon FD lenses very cheap. Can anyone tell me if they are good lenses? At the moment I am using natives and Oly lenses. The Canon FD's are like new. Are they worth buying?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Colin

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I've been offered some Canon FD lenses very cheap. Can anyone tell me if they are good lenses? At the moment I am using natives and Oly lenses. The Canon FD's are like new. Are they worth buying?
They are!

Though like with any lens mfr, there's better ones and worse ones. I bought mine from a local seller -- paid more, but I have a better sense of what I'm getting.

What got me started on the FD was this page from Jim Radcliffe. Based on that set of photos, I picked up a Canon FD 50mm f/1.4, not really knowing what to expect.

Here's a couple of photos I've taken with that lens:

View attachment 150712UCSC Arboretum 8/22: - 20 by Deirdre Saoirse Moen, on Flickr

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

walt_tbay

Mu-43 Veteran
Scoop them up! I've been using Canon FD lenses with a Cirrus adapter and they are very good to work with. I have the 50mm f1.2, 28mm f2 and 85mm f1.8 I use my Pany 14-140mm lens 75% of the time, but these are my go to lenses when I'm working in low light situations.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom