Canon FD lens stuck on the adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by johnsigs, Dec 5, 2013.

1. johnsigs

johnsigs Mu-43 Regular

Hi I just bought a canon 50mm macro ,i put it on a nx-fd adapter it has a silver ring that looks like it should turn and release the lens from the adapter but does not turn ,was also going to use it on my omd ,hope i don't have to cut it off ,does anyone have any ideas on how to release this lens? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    The chrome ring tightens by friction. There is no latch so it should just turn, clockwise when looking at the lens from the front.

In the picture, the f/stop ring is set past f/22 which will cause a small pin to push back against the adapter's "body" flange. If the adapter doesn't have the hole that was present on the bodies that supported automatic f/stop setting (AE-1, et al) then it could cause some additional binding. Also, try setting the adapter to the "open" position so that its tab doesn't press on the lens' lever.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. johnsigs

johnsigs Mu-43 Regular

Thank you that worked , it really felt locked,
  4. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    That's funny that you posted this because yesterday I had the same problem and nearly cut it but searched on Google and found that I just needed more force. A beautiful rear lens glass was found beneath :)
  5. johnsigs

johnsigs Mu-43 Regular

This forum is great,how people help each other. Thanks again