1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Canon FD 50mm f1.4: Hints & Tips please

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Viviners, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Viviners

Viviners New to Mu-43

Jun 9, 2011
    Hi all, newbie here - both to the forum and the M4/3 format. But not to photography!

Although owner of a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR and kit, I recently decided to buy the E-PL2 as a two lens kit - the 14-42mm II and the 40-150mm. So what do I think of it so far? Absolutely loving it! :smile: In fact it's quite possible I'll be selling the DSLR because I don't make much use of it anyway: frankly I'm fed up with the weight and bulk.

Anyway, I have just bought a Canon FD 50mm f1.4 lens to use with the E-PL2, with an adaptor, as a portrait lens. Obviously there is no AF, but I wondered if anyone has any tips on how to use these non-native lenses, e.g. what settings I need on the camera's menus etc. The manual is not at all helpful.

TIA.

2. Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your new camera.

Each manufacturer has made allowances for adapted lenses without really actively encouraging their use (sells more native lenses that way :wink:).

Anyway, here's something we prepared earlier which may help.

https://www.mu-43.com/f40/how-guide-using-adapted-lenses-12347/

3. Viviners

Viviners New to Mu-43

Jun 9, 2011
    Many thanks - that is a very helpful guide. :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.