1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

[FS] Canon FD 50mm 1.4 w/ Fotodiox FD-MFT Adapter *READ* | Location: Seattle | Ships: CONUS

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by LexG213, Jul 8, 2013.

1. LexG213

LexG213 Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Feb 4, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Alex
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> Canon FD 50mm 1.4 w/ Fotodiox FD-MFT Adapter *READ*
    </br>Prices</br> Make an offer
    </br>Location</br> Seattle
    </br>Ships to</br> CONUS
    </br>Description</br> I've got a Canon FD 1.4 with an aperture that is unfortunately stuck wide open. Glass is OK for an old lens with some dust and few marks. There is also a Fotodiox FD-MFT adapter stuck on as well. Both were purchased from FM for $50 and $20 respectively. I have no idea what I did to this lens and adapter, but I can't seem to fix either issue.

If you are interested in trying to fix it yourself or don't mind just using it to take portraits wide-open then this is the lens for you! I actually use it quite a bit, but I just picked up an Oly 45 so I'll take what I can get to ship it out. It ships with front and rear caps and a leather zip-up lens case.

I'm sure I can get something for it on EBay if there are no hits here, but I thought I'd give it a try first. Will post pictures soon.

Cheers,
    Alex
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method</br> USPS Priority
    </br>Shipping charge</br> Included
    </br>Handling time</br> Ships same day
    </br>References</br> -
    </br>Additional comments</br>
    • Not open to trade offers
    Acknowledgement</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. sinclair

sinclair Mu-43 Veteran

0   0   0

PM sent.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    OP -- take a look at this video (this is not mine. I just Googled for "unlock FDn aperture blade" and this is the first one that came up). [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juGX1XyZ6WI]How to enable manual aperture adjustment on Canon FD Lenses - YouTube[/ame]

In my experience, the FDn can get jammed open if you remove the lens from the adapter without unlocking it first (there should be a lock/unlock on your adapter). I've done it myself, and had to get it unjamed myself. By fiddling with the lens and the adapter, you often can unlock the aperture. This video isn't entirely spot on, but gives you some idea of what's involved.

4. denis_sf

denis_sf Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jun 4, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Denis
    I think WT21 is correct. There's a detente position on some of the FDs that requires a bit of pressure to undo. Once you unlatch this lever, it'll spring back to its normal position and the aperture will work as normal. There are only a couple of levers on the back of the lens, so give that a go before you sell for too much of a loss unnecessarily.