[FS] Canon FD 200 f2.8, very nice | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by nuclearboy, Mar 15, 2014.

1. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling
    Canon FD 200 f2.8, very nice

Prices

Ships to
    USA

Description
    For sale is a Canon FD 200mm f2.8 prime lens. This is the last in the FD line for the 200mm f2.8. It is the internal focus version and it can take the teleconverter (1.4 or 2.0). The lens is pretty sharp wide open and is easy to focus. I have used it on the EPL2, EPM1, EPM2, and now the EP-5. At 200mm, you can get good shots hand held since the f2.8 helps keep the shutter speeds high.

I use this occassionally when I need to get in on a subject. Recently I have been using it for some birds and decided I needed a little more reach so I am trying out a 300mm lens right now. I attached a comparison picture with the 200 f/2.8 and the 300 f/4 to show the size difference. I used to think this 200 was a big lens until I bought the 300mm.

The lens is in great condition and you can get some great shots with it. Here are a few taken wide open (f2.8) this winter from my family room. These were all shot leaning against a wall hand held and through glass. The lens is a little bit sharper at f4 and f5.6. The samples in the link are at f2.8.

https://www.adoberevel.com/shares/5...3d76c/albums/003f690b5efb44f3b7c86c55c7e593f9

The lens can exhibit some CA (less when stopped down) on sharp edges in some light but this is not really evident in most pictures such as the birds in the link above.

If you need more light at 200mm, this is a great option. There is no native lens with f2.8 at 200mm.

The lens has a built in pull out lens hood which is nice. I wish some of the m4/3 lenses had this option.

I also have the Canon Extender 2X-B which can double the focal length to 400mm if you are interested. I can include this for $20 if you buy the lens.

Payment accepted
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    • Personal/Gift PayPal (violates PayPal policy and no buyer protection)
    Shipping method
    UPS Ground

Shipping charge
    $15

Handling time
    1 business day

References
    chris_5107 on ebay

Additional comments
    • Will ship only to the address on the PayPal transaction details page
    Acknowledgement
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attached Files:

2. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    I will try to take more photos this weekend and post. This lens is very capable.