Canon FD 100mm

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by swampduck, Apr 26, 2013.

1. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    Anyone have any experience with this lens? I want to use it mainly for macro

2. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    There are a bunch of Canon 100mm FD lenses. But I'm guessing from your post you mean the 100/4 Macro?

3. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    Yes I am

4. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

I have the new FD 100/4 macro and love it. With mu4/3 you get 1:1 magnification straight away without tubes. Gets quite long when focused to closest distance though. It's not overly heavy but if you're not mounting it on a DSLR styled body (G/GH/OM-D with grip) it will pull downwards a little - no tripod mount. Also if you get it with the lens hood, you can reverse the hood for transport but you can't do it at it's shortest length. Lens is sharp and reasonably cheap. 100mm is quite convenient, you don't need to get as close as with a 50 macro. There is also the FD 200mm macro which is a little more expensive, is native 1:1 and has internal focusing, plus a tripod mount.

I don't have any pictures with focus stacking taken with this lens, I have some flower macros and such, will try and dig out a few.

There is also the Vivitar Series 1 90mm macro that has a very good reputation - you can get it in FD mount.