1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Canon expo

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Speedliner, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    i know, it's just an Expo...just a showcase for stuff that may never be practical. But some will be. It gives a sense of Canon waking up from I it's slumber. Love that compact 600mm. If it works, with quality, there goes the lens size differentiation. Unless Oly/Pany can make even smaller ultra zooms...and faster too?

It does make you think that things are in the works that the little guys like Oly, Panny, maybe Pentax, really can't match. I don't think I'lol ever need 120megapixels, or would ever want to try and load a couple hundred at a sitting into LR on my PC, but major advances trickle some improvements down. I wonder what the next 5 years will bring? ...and if it will adapt my Pro lenses.

2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    It's compact for a FF lens - but looks to still be a bear of a lens. And the price will make you cry I'd wager :)

Still, very cool stuff. What I do wonder about is the limit to realistic pixel increases. I already need to sort of up the shutter speed for ideally sharp images on the A7r, and it places heavy demands on lens design...

3. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Yeah, IMS sure there was a time that people swore they'd never want more than 8mp, but at the moment, processor limitations, memory speed limitations would seem to be practical obstacles. Specialty cameras maybe, but I can't imagine sport shooters shooting at 120mp any time soon.

You're right, that lens will cost a fortune at first, then maybe one day be standard. It makes me wonder if m43 lenses could use similar technology to get us f2.0 zooms that are still compact. We need all the speed we can get.