Canon EOS-M Sale at B&H $299+

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
After all the Canon & Nikon bashing posts, I think it's hilarious that both BH Photo & Adorama are sold out of this item..What's getting you folks to cave in, the APS-C sensor in a small package? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink:

Darthpnoy88

Mu-43 Regular
After all the Canon & Nikon bashing posts, I think it's hilarious that both BH Photo & Adorama are sold out of this item..What's getting you folks to cave in, the APS-C sensor in a small package? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink:

I bet had Nikon and Canon sold there compact system at the 300 range it would move mountains and perceptions towards compact system cameras.

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
Perhaps,
But yet still, I find it hilarious that after all the Canon/Nikon bashing, some folks are still buying these.

I must admit I that I thought about it too...but then there's that new VF-4 to think about instead...:wink:

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro

300 reasons. Make the price low enough and you can sell anything to anyone. Same reason the LX7 started selling after languishing for so long. Same with the GX1.

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
It's definitely better, I've been flipping these and continually using one for the last several months. The 22mm f2 is as good as the 17mm f1.8. I'd say a little sharper overall (esp. in the middle wide open) though I like the bokeh with the 17mm a bit more.

And of course it costs 1/4th as much

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
Same with the GX1.

Yes but MFT systems users were buying the GX1 whereas here with the EOS-M, the situation of buyers is slightly different :smile:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "fan" because I also own a Fuji & NEX and have always been open to other systems from the get-go :wink:

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Yes but MFT systems users were buying the GX1 whereas here with the EOS-M, the situation of buyers is slightly different :smile:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "fan" because I also own a Fuji & NEX and have always been open to other systems from the get-go :wink:

Yes, but for a equivalent IQ in a M43 camera, you'd have to pay more. People have mentioned on other forums that they are switching away from other formats due to the low price and the fact that they have Canon DSLRs so they can share lenses. So the low price was the trigger to move to Canon.

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro

Mostly considered it because it was cheaper than a 17/1.8 alone =)

clockwork247

Mu-43 Regular
Mostly considered it because it was cheaper than a 17/1.8 alone =)

that's true, lol, I never thought about that. the 22 f/2 is pretty dam close to the 17 f/1.8, and you get a decent camera body to boot, not bad at all.

stratokaster

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Pavel
And Canon's 11-22mm for EOS M is just $399.

If the next EOS M uses the sensor from the EOS 70D, Canon will have a winner on its hands.

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro

If the next EOS M uses the sensor from the EOS 70D, Canon will have a winner on its hands.

They don't even need the same sensor... just the 80% PDAF on sensor on any of their sensors and it'll be a win.

sinclair

Mu-43 Veteran
If they have all gone out of stock already, then I guess I won't be switching, at this time...

But really the truth is, if I get one, my GF5 is still safe. I tend not to let things go. Besides, I have a wife I might be able to show how to use it. I also have a 9 year old son that's just dieing to have a camera. It would be interesting to see what he'd come up with with the Oly body cap lens on it.

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend

And more folks who haven't yet switched to a mirrorless system possibly switching to yet another non-Micro Four Thirds system....

IMHO, the mirrorless market is arguably tougher to compete in than the DSLR market with other companies such as Fuji and Sony maturing. And like it or not, Olympus and Panasonic are competitors - a Panasonic sale is an Olympus loss and vice-versa.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi guys ..:smile:
I also bought one .. And it looks a lot of camera for this price . I tested it in local camera store before buying and AF is like Fuji X100.. U get current Canon sensor with decent prime and very good video . I will give this to my wife and she can use it like a point and shoot . My Panasonic 20 mm 1.7 cost me USD350 and here I am getting a lens free or camera free . I think we should start looking at positive side of any gear rather than concentrating only on negative side . It will reach here on Monday but I have to travel unexpectedly and won't be able to pick up camera till next week or so . Stay tuned on for more info lol . IMHO .. It's still a better buy than much hyped and over rated X100s from my beloved FUJI ( X100 my pick over X100 after using x100s for a day)
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Darthpnoy88

Mu-43 Regular
Hi guys ..:smile:
I also bought one .. And it looks a lot of camera for this price . I tested it in local camera store before buying and AF is like Fuji X100.. U get current Canon sensor with decent prime and very good video . I will give this to my wife and she can use it like a point and shoot . My Panasonic 20 mm 1.7 cost me USD350 and here I am getting a lens free or camera free . I think we should start looking at positive side of any gear rather than concentrating only on negative side . It will reach here on Monday but I have to travel unexpectedly and won't be able to pick up camera till next week or so . Stay tuned on for more info lol . IMHO .. It's still a better buy than much hyped and over rated X100s from my beloved FUJI ( X100 my pick over X100 after using x100s for a day)
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

I think Canon trying to muscle there way in and frankly is doing much better than Nikon. Btw was the autofocus you tested had the new firmware or was it the old one just curious?

brianb032

Mu-43 Veteran
I've had this sitting in my Amazon cart all night and morning, but I just can't pull the trigger on it. I have to admit though, at this point the EOS-M kit is more of a curiosity than anything else.

Latest threads

Top Bottom