Canon "EOS M" Lenses on M43?!

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by coffeecat, Oct 6, 2013.

1. coffeecat

coffeecat Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    Help!

I've just bought a new Rokinon/Samyang 85mm f1.4, for a crazy low price, thinking it was an EOS mount. Turns out it's not:

The reason for the low price is it's an "EOS M" mount lens...

I can't find (after some desperate googling) any adapters to go EOS M-> mu43.

Does anyone know if they exist? I realise they may not, due to the very small EOS M lens line up (what, 2 lenses?)

It may be still early enough for me to cancel my order, or it might be worth buying it anyway in the hope of selling for a profit on Ebay (if there's enough EOS M owners out there for such a market...)

Any helpful info gratefully received,

Rob

2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Micro 4/3 flange distance(19.5mm)is greater than EOS M(18mm), hence not possible to adapt.

3. coffeecat

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    Thanks for your reply Grinch (seriously!)

Hmmm, that's a bummer then.

However, I can't find much evidence that a "true" native "EOS M" version exists for this lens. It seems (and my German is non existent so I'm relying on Google translate) that what I may have bought is a Canon EF fit lens with an adapter (EF to M). In which case I might be lucked in!

I think I'm going to sit it out and wait and see what comes in the box. The delivery time from Germany to UK is currently showing 5 weeks, but for the price I can wait.

The offer is the one listed on mirrorless rumors today, for anyone interested. I kind've hesitate to directly link to it as it does seem too good to be true.

Rob

4. gcogger

gcogger Mu-43 Veteran

May 25, 2010
    UK
    Graeme
    The amazon page specifically shows a picture of an EOS to EOS-M adapter, so I reckon you're safe :)

5. hookgrip

hookgrip Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2013
    There is no mirrorless version of this lens. You are most likely going to get the Canon EF version. It wouldn't make sense for Rokinon to manufacture a separate model for mirrorless cameras when you could simply put an adapter on the DSLR version.

6. coffeecat

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    Thanks for your replies everyone. Looks like I might have got a bargain after all. Just got to wait for the 5 week delivery now: :smile:

This might end up being my Christmas present...

Rob

7. coffeecat

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    And... I knew deep down it was too good to be true.

Just got my "blah blah pricing error blah" email from Amazon.

Oh well, back to Ebay again to look for a cheap old fast 85mm manual lens.

:-(

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

8. pytha

pytha New to Mu-43

Oct 12, 2013
    For CanonEOS-->m43 you get very cheap adapters (some bucks)
    Samyangs are EXCELLENT (and cheap) lenses.

4lCxJjG.
    they also fit Canon/NEX/Samsung

Attached Files: