Canon CL Zoom Lens with M43

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by gh2shooter, Jul 16, 2012.

1. gh2shooter

gh2shooter New to Mu-43

Jul 16, 2012
    I have 4 Canon lenses I used to use with my L2 a long time ago and want to know if there is an adapter I can use so I can use them with my Lumix GH2?

The lenses are in great shape and would love to see what I can get out of them.

Any suggestions or insight would be most appreciated!

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Can you clarify which "L2" you are referring to? Canon marketed a rangefinder under that name in the 50's and also a 8mm video camera in the 90's.

If it's the rangefinder, then its possible that the lenses use the Leica M39 screw mount. Another possibility would be the "Canon 7" mount; I believe that Adriano Lolli might have an adapter for this one.

However, I'm assuming you are referring to the video camera (since you refer to zooms), which used the VL-mount. Unfortunately, I know of no adapter available for this mount. Even if you were able to find (or fabricate) an adapter, it's highly likely you would experience extreme vignetting on a :43: which is significantly larger than that of a Hi8 camcorder. A final hurdle is that these camcorder lenses have electronically controlled apertures, which means that you would not be able to change the aperture on your GH2.