Canon CL Zoom Lens with M43

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by gh2shooter, Jul 16, 2012.

1. gh2shooter

gh2shooter New to Mu-43

Jul 16, 2012
    I have 4 Canon lenses I used to use with my L2 a long time ago and want to know if there is an adapter I can use so I can use them with my Lumix GH2?

The lenses are in great shape and would love to see what I can get out of them.

Any suggestions or insight would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Can you clarify which "L2" you are referring to? Canon marketed a rangefinder under that name in the 50's and also a 8mm video camera in the 90's.

If it's the rangefinder, then its possible that the lenses use the Leica M39 screw mount. Another possibility would be the "Canon 7" mount; I believe that Adriano Lolli might have an adapter for this one.

However, I'm assuming you are referring to the video camera (since you refer to zooms), which used the VL-mount. Unfortunately, I know of no adapter available for this mount. Even if you were able to find (or fabricate) an adapter, it's highly likely you would experience extreme vignetting on a :43: which is significantly larger than that of a Hi8 camcorder. A final hurdle is that these camcorder lenses have electronically controlled apertures, which means that you would not be able to change the aperture on your GH2.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.