1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

[FS] Canon 70-200L f4 IS, G1 infrared

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by ifixfxs, Dec 16, 2012.

1. ifixfxs

ifixfxs New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sep 25, 2010
    Santa Fe
    I'm selling canon zoom in excellent condition with bag and box for $800, also listed at FM with photos.

The Panasonic G1 was converted by lifepixel (for$250) to IR 720nm 6 months ago for a trip to Africa. Will sell for $250. Includes charger and two batteries. Great way to try infrared and image quality is quite good (see image).

Prices includes shipping and paypal.

Attached Files:

2. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Very cool IR G1. I had no idea that could be done. SO it does B&W IR only or is it still a camera choice to do B&W or not?

3. ifixfxs

ifixfxs New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sep 25, 2010
    Santa Fe
    There are two ways to do infrared- filter on front of lens or on sensor.
    The removable front of lens filter also removes several stops of light, sensor filter does not.

All sensors see infrared but have a filter on the sensor which blocks it.
    LifePixel Digital Infrared Photography IR Conversion, Modification & Scratched Sensor Repair removes the infrared blocking filter and replaces it with a visible light blocking filter for $250. see their website for more info.

The images in raw are very red. I usually shoot jpg with color balance set on green grass or saved. This gives the image you see above with slight yellow cast. Skies go dark almost like a polarizer. Dynamic range is rarely an issue.
    Whole new way of seeing.

Short answer only IR B&W unless you have them change filter again.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Great price on the G1 IR!

• Like Like x 1