1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

[FS] Canon 70-200L f4 IS, G1 infrared

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by ifixfxs, Dec 16, 2012.

1. ifixfxs

ifixfxs New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sep 25, 2010
    Santa Fe
    I'm selling canon zoom in excellent condition with bag and box for $800, also listed at FM with photos.

The Panasonic G1 was converted by lifepixel (for$250) to IR 720nm 6 months ago for a trip to Africa. Will sell for $250. Includes charger and two batteries. Great way to try infrared and image quality is quite good (see image).

Prices includes shipping and paypal.

Attached Files:

2. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Very cool IR G1. I had no idea that could be done. SO it does B&W IR only or is it still a camera choice to do B&W or not?

3. ifixfxs

ifixfxs New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sep 25, 2010
    Santa Fe
    There are two ways to do infrared- filter on front of lens or on sensor.
    The removable front of lens filter also removes several stops of light, sensor filter does not.

All sensors see infrared but have a filter on the sensor which blocks it.
    LifePixel Digital Infrared Photography IR Conversion, Modification & Scratched Sensor Repair removes the infrared blocking filter and replaces it with a visible light blocking filter for $250. see their website for more info.

The images in raw are very red. I usually shoot jpg with color balance set on green grass or saved. This gives the image you see above with slight yellow cast. Skies go dark almost like a polarizer. Dynamic range is rarely an issue.
    Whole new way of seeing.

Short answer only IR B&W unless you have them change filter again.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Great price on the G1 IR!

• Like Like x 1