Showcase Canon 100mm f/2.8 EF MACRO

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
GH2, ISO 160, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro @ f/11

First image at f/8 and I found I needed more DOF, so remaining images were @ f/11

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
DR... sure works great... the only thing is you will have to stop the lens down on an EOS body first. Even at f/8, and with the small-ish m4/3 sensor, you can see how little DOF there is with this lens when you approach 1:1 magnification. In the first image, the dime is laying on the circuit board and it's not even in focus. I switched to f/11 thereafter. Didn't want to stop down beyond f/11 as I wanted to keep sharpness as good as possible.

absolutic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Canon 100mm L F/2.8 on OM-D

papasula

Mu-43 Rookie
Great shots! How are you getting the aperture to close down and stay closed down when you remove it from the 5D?

absolutic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Great shots! How are you getting the aperture to close down and stay closed down when you remove it from the 5D?
thanks! they make adapters with aperture control, simple as that. The only thing these usually start at F/2.8 so it probably won't work with larger apertures, but works perfect on F/2.8 and narrower lenses. I think I paid about $40 for mine (bought it off amazon).

papasula

Mu-43 Rookie
I also figured out that you can mount an EF lens on a Canon body, select an aperture, take a shot then remove the lens without turning off the camera and the lens remains at that aperture.

Zee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Surry Hills, Aus/ Baguio & Manila, Philippines
From memory... Select aperture on the EOS body, hold down the DOF preview button, then either unscrew the lens or turn off the camera. One of those - or perhaps both.

I'll be trying this soon with my coming soon EM-1...

Z...

JohnN

Mu-43 Regular
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom