Cannot believe I am typing this

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
Well, here we are just a few short weeks from our good news and Boomer is gone. :crying:

After all of the infections, the cancer, the liver problems, and everything else, what finally got him was arthritis in his hips. We'd been watching him degrade for the last few weeks, getting up was becoming very difficult. Last night he couldn't get up at all.

My daughter gave him his pain medicine and spent the night on the floor with him. By this morning, he hadn't moved. He hadn't even shifted position. We knew this was it, the day we'd been dreading, and made the decision. The family went together and the vet confirmed that he was at point there would be no quality of life going forward. Boomer had fought enough. He had given us a year when the prognosis was 3 months. Time to rest.

Boomer was one of those once in a lifetime dogs. I've had many, sometimes three at a time. They were all great and I loved them all, but Boomer was special.

Bye buddy.

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Joel
So sorry Brownie, my condolences to you and your family. He sounded like he was a great dog.

Latest threads

Top Bottom