1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Cannon!

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by PatrickVA, Jul 3, 2013.

1. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    I've made about 15 shorts with my kid this year. He doesn't take direction, so rather than quality I go for fun. He also doesn't talk yet, so I lean on music and subtitles.

They're all just me and my son for crew. This one is OM-D, 12-50mm kit lens, cheap tripod, 720p/30. Edited in Sony Movie Studio 11. Total time to create: 2 hours to shoot, another 3 or so to edit, all in one day.

Make sure to click on the little gear on the toolbar under the picture and highlight 720 for full quality.
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R4B9FO6lbCE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Man, that was AWESOME! Make more!

I love "Lafayette Dirigible and Spark Plug Society" and your kid is for sure stinkin' cute!

Playing checkers with death was a nice touch, lol.

3. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    haha - thats very awesome!

4. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Very enjoyable to watch. Well done. Thanks for sharing.

5. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
  6. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Just too cute! And somehow, because of the setting/history, a bit sad.

7. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Great Patrick! So (I'm an idiot) what was happening in 1883?

8. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    I picked 1883 to try to avoid having any historical meaning.

I was going for a generic 19th century battle, shot like a 1940s Hollywood war-melodrama. I'd just watched Seventh Seal a few weeks earlier, so it seemed fitting to end with a nod to mid-century Swedish cinema.

9. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Great

10. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Ha! Well you obviously had me fooled. I'm a "student" (well a fantic anyway - reenactor, researcher, interested party) of military history, and I was already half convinced that there was a conflict in 1883, but couldn't put my finger on it. It's actually hard to believe that there wasn't considering the continual violence of mankind in this world.

P.S. When I first saw the thread listed my first thought was - ahhh, another poor soul has misspelled "Canon" again. :biggrin:

11. tubedriver

tubedriver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Shaun
    Thank you sooooo much. That was awesome!

12. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    Thanks for the positive remarks, glad you enjoyed it. I just posted a music video I shot a couple of night ago. It's the first thing I've done without my kid in it in a long time!