Cancel E-P3 pre-order or be patient???

johnny9fingers

Mu-43 Veteran
I pre-ordered a E-P3 from B&H last weekend hoping the wait won't be too long. This morning I took a look at the Olympus Store and see they have both the silver & black 17mm and silver 14-42mm in stock. I don't know about anyone else, but when I order photo gear I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve and have a hard time waiting... I can picture me canceling the pre-order and buying from Olympus, only to have it be in stock at B&H the next day....
If Olympus has then in stock, it shouldn't be too long before B&H has them.
Right????

thearne3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Olympus's stock is independent of retailers - I was able to get my E-P3 10 days before anyone had stock - I had it in hand with 48hrs of ordering...you may even still be able to use the coupon reg8855 for 10% off and free shipping (you need to register first).

They also have a 30 day money back gtee...

Mu-43 Legend
Oly store will charge your local sales tax, B&H doesn't. With Tom's 10% coupon, I managed to save a net of about 4% (sales tax here is 6%), but if the coupon doesn't work, I think I would wait on B&H.

Depends on how bad you want it ;)

Frunch

Mu-43 Regular
I hear ya, I just placed my order this past Thursday and I'm antsy as heck to get the camera in my hands! I ordered from a different company, and have considered doing the same thing. If anything, I'd recommend calling B&H and see if they can give you any idea as to when you can expect the camera to ship. I'll probably call the company I ordered from and do the same. Waiting can be tough, but I'm certain it will all have been worth it. Just think how exciting that day will be when you see the package sitting at your door when you come home from work(or get the knock from the UPS/Fedex person if you're at home at the time :smile:).

johnny9fingers

Mu-43 Veteran
I went on B&H's online chat this morning and the representative said they don't get a heads up from the manufacturer. I'll just hunker down and wait. It brings to mind the old Heinz Ketchup commercial back in the 70's with Carly Simon singing
"Anticipation"....:biggrin:

Frunch

Mu-43 Regular
Mmmm...that could certainly make it hard to be patient. Let us know what you decide to do!

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
I went on B&H's online chat this morning and the representative said they don't get a heads up from the manufacturer. I'll just hunker down and wait. It brings to mind the old Heinz Ketchup commercial back in the 70's with Carly Simon singing
"Anticipation"....:biggrin:

johnny
i feel yer pain!
i ordered mine end of last week from unique first thing in the morning
was told it would ship out that day and id get my tracking number email
well the day went on.. no email
called them in a panic.. gone for the day!!
had to, impatiently!!!!!, wait till this morning and call again

it shipped
whew!

i was about to induce a coma to make the time pass faster
lol!

johnny9fingers

Mu-43 Veteran
Oh happy day, B&H shipped my Silver E-P3 today :biggrin:
Now I can stop whining and start thinking about what to shoot this weekend.
I also posted a quest regarding filters and rings in the "Accessories" forum if anyone has input they would like to share.....

ZephyrZ33

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Oh happy day, B&H shipped my Silver E-P3 today :biggrin:
Now I can stop whining and start thinking about what to shoot this weekend.
I also posted a quest regarding filters and rings in the "Accessories" forum if anyone has input they would like to share.....

Ditto! :thumbup:

But I ordered mine's last night. You sir, have some serious patience. Congrats.

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
WOOO! congrats! that touch screen is... TOUCHY! hehehe

now u can do the UPS REFRESH thing nonstop! :D

FaradayCage

Mu-43 Regular
Snagged a silver one from B&H about a week ago. Very, very nice. Put on the Panny 20mm f1.7 and it's fantastic. After the E-PL1 with its buttons, the dials make an incredible difference in shooting. Solid like a brick.

Latest threads

Top Bottom