Canadians: Olympus 45 1.8 for $299 at Vistek in Toronto

Turbofrog

Mu-43 Legend
Seeing all these new lens prices in Canada with our dollar crash - even when they're on sale - has basically resigned me to never buy a new lens, it seems...good thing used lenses don't go bad, I guess.

sublimesun

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt
Seeing all these new lens prices in Canada with our dollar crash - even when they're on sale - has basically resigned me to never buy a new lens, it seems...good thing used lenses don't go bad, I guess.

Agreed. These deals are a fraction of what they used to be 6 months ago. Used market for me as well.

Sent from my A0001 using Mu-43 mobile app

Jan68

Mu-43 Regular
Well, I went to Henry's who matched the Vistek price on the 45 1.8. They had the 40-150 4-5.6R on sale for $149. Walked out of the store with 2 brand new Olympus lenses, paid $450. Why would I buy used, when I get it brand new for this price? Have a full warranty, can use it as a tax write off and in case I want to sell it again, I have the original packaging, the original receipt and I'm the only owner, all good selling features.

No-brainer!

sublimesun

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt
Well, I went to Henry's who matched the Vistek price on the 45 1.8. They had the 40-150 4-5.6R on sale for $149. Walked out of the store with 2 brand new Olympus lenses, paid $450. Why would I buy used, when I get it brand new for this price? Have a full warranty, can use it as a tax write off and in case I want to sell it again, I have the original packaging, the original receipt and I'm the only owner, all good selling features.

No-brainer!

Correction....No braniner - for the budget lenses.

Jan68

Mu-43 Regular
Ok I see, we are on different pages here. In my books, the Olympus 45 1.8 is not a "budget lens", but an excellent lens with all the reasons I switch the system: Small, light, optical excellent, good price. (The 40-150 is in fact a budget lens.) But buying the 40-150 2.8, with it's size, weight and prize, that would defeat the purpose of the whole system. I could have kept my 70-200 2.8 L-glass if I want to fill my Domke F2.

sublimesun

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt
Ok I see, we are on different pages here. In my books, the Olympus 45 1.8 is not a "budget lens", but an excellent lens with all the reasons I switch the system: Small, light, optical excellent, good price. (The 40-150 is in fact a budget lens.) But buying the 40-150 2.8, with it's size, weight and prize, that would defeat the purpose of the whole system. I could have kept my 70-200 2.8 L-glass if I want to fill my Domke F2.

Didn't say it wasn't a great lens. :) I suppose budgets vary, however if I compare it to the Nocticron 42.5 it is in fact a budget lens.

Last edited:

shaolinmonk

Mu-43 Veteran

No-brainer!

nah dude... i would get them used for $330-$350 and save the $100+taxes

also the 40-150 was on sale at best buy last week for $99

arrrghhh these new prices really make me ache though....

Jan68

Mu-43 Regular
The 40-150 is still on sale at Best Buy, I believe until firts week of September.
The older version only though, not the new "R" version. Some people say it's just cosmetics, others say there is a difference in focusing speed. Again, with re-sale in mind I opted for the newer version.

The 45 is awesome by the way, used it quite a bit yesterday.

Latest threads

Top Bottom