1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Canadians looking for a new E-PM1, look here...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ned, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Futureshop has the E-PM1 on special for only $319 (that works out to $335 with GST, plus whatever PST you may have in your province)!

If you order online you can get any color, and probably have a better chance of finding stock. If you buy retail in the store, then you have more limited choices depending on your area. In Edmonton, Alberta it's only black, which is all I expected to find around here (last Christmas we also had some white models, which was awesome). The Futreshop.ca website is pretty good about telling you which stores have stock, but you're best to call first if you're not close by (if you're close then just drop by, as waiting on staff to answer the phone in their department is no easy task either).

Here is the hotlink to the E-PM1 listings on futureshop.ca... Search Result - Future Shop

At that price, you should pick up at least two. ;)

*EDIT: Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum! I didn't realize there was a "Found Deals" forum, so if somebody could please move this thread... Thanks. :)

PS.... here is the inaugural photo from my new Mini. My lunch, leftovers from the cabbage rolls I made last night for supper:

cabbage_rolls_web.
    E-PM1 with Konica Hexanon 50mm f/1.4

2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Saneal camera has all colours in stock, and there regular price has been $329 for the last 3 months. Also showing the new e-pm2 in stock for $475 body only. $10 more but you can support a brick and mortar vs the big box I don't know what I'm selling store.

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Wha-? They have the E-PM2 for only $475? I wish I was in Calgary. :( They STILL won't have the E-PM2 in Edmonton until November I'm told. When it does come in here, it'll be $549 for the body-only package ($599 for the kit). If I had a chance at that for $475, I would have jumped on it. That's an impressive discount so soon after release!

4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    That's just it, Ned. That's their regular pricing, not a discount! They compete with the US stores, so they price accordingly. OMD is $980 body, and $1240 w/12-50. New 60 macro is $479. Just shows that brick and mortars can still thrive and compete with crap suppliers like futureshop, bestbuy, and some of the squeeze every penny out of the consumer stores like Vistek and Henrys.

5. goodsonr

goodsonr Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2011
    well ... I didn't know about Saneal so its nice to hear about them as another possibility.

But, I'm "surprised" at their prices for epm-2 and epl-5 body vs w/kit-lens.

epm-2 - difference in price between body only and w/lens - $95.00
    epl-5 - difference in price between body only and w/kit lens - $40.00

:confused:

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Go by body-only pricing if you want it to make sense, goodsonr. Kits can vary greatly in price and oftimes kits can sometimes become even cheaper than a body-only of the same camera when the discounts are flying in (ie, like holiday seasons). Comparing the variance in kit prices will never show any consistency.

@Grinch: Did you read the other thread recently posted about Henry's? They had a discount going on for products $49.99 or more, so when somebody purchased a $49.99 item he got a $0.02 sale before the big discount was applied, making his price $49.97 and no longer eligible for a discount...

Sometimes I wish we had Henry's out west here, but stories like that makes me glad I don't have to deal with them. :) We don't have any independent stores like Saneal or The Camera Store though (*EDIT: Sorry, I keep forgetting we do have one - Don's Camera. They are far out though and don't offer anything over the much more convenient McBains stores). Our most independent is McBains, which is itself a pretty large franchise...

Buying from electronics stores instead of camera stores is another experience altogether... one which I had never envisioned before the popularity of the Digital PEN. Before that, the bodies which I would buy could only be found in a dedicated camera store like McBains or Vistek. Especially when I was an Olympus DSLR shooter... Now suddenly Futureshop and Best Buy have become shopping options for me. The staff obviously know absolutely nothing about the cameras, but the store gives good discounts and fair amount of stock. I don't like having to shop these places, but when it comes down to it it's all economics. I can't afford to pay $100 more at McBains or Don's, just because I like the guy behind the counter better (and I do have a lot of friends in my local McBains store). That doesn't mean my favorite McBains store doesn't get enough of my business mind you... the ONLY thing they sell at those electronics stores that I can use are the smaller PEN bodies (*EDIT again: and affordable memory cards). Anything else I have to go to the camera store for including lenses, batteries, adapters, lights, bigger bodies (ie, OM-D, E-P3, GH2), or anything else I can think of.

7. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011