Canadian Human Rights Museum and Esplanade Riel Pedestrian Bridge in Winnipeg Mb.

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by shutterduster, Dec 25, 2013.

1. shutterduster

shutterduster Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    This photo is a five image panorama shot with EM-5 Olympus 45mm 1.8 on the Red River which runs through Winnipeg Manitoba Canada.
    The two main object of this photo are the Canadian Human Rights Museum and Esplanade Riel Pedestrian Bridge.
    The temperature was -34 deg C and the wind was at 35 KM/hr. I have wanted to get a photo illustrating two of the more iconic locations of Winnipeg for quite some time.

The Canadian Human Rights Museum will open its doors some time in the fall of 2014, it is located at the Forks which is the junction of the Red and Assiniboine Rivers and was a historic meeting area of the indigenous peoples of the area for thousands of years. It was also one of the first settlement areas of Southern Manitoba many years after the north was first inhabited by Europeans.

The Esplanade Riel Pedestrian Bridge was constructed about 15 years ago and houses a restaurant at its center span.This five-metre wide and 250-metre long “people path,” is located north of the junction of the historic Red and Assiniboine Rivers, and provides a link between The Forks and Winnipeg’s French Quarter. The structure, cable-stayed from a single, transversely inclined pylon rising 57 metres above the Red River, reflects the lightweight nature of its pedestrian traffic, while the spire signifies a place of meeting in the middle of the Red River. A historical diorama can be viewed from the bridge. The bridge was named in honour of Louis Riel.

The Forks is now a large market area that has everything from galleries, museums, restaurants, skating rink, outdoor theatre to boat docks hotels and waking trails and other things to be found that make for a day of fun and exploration.
    It is centrally located to the City Centre and St Boniface.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. shutterduster

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I have never posted an image before and am having trouble getting one in my thread.
    I have it in my Flickr account and want to link or paste it here.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas etc.
    Dave T

3. shutterduster

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    I did it

I finally got the image to a manageable size.
    Now it is posted.

4. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

Wonderful resource, and image, Dave. :)

5. audiodrive

audiodrive Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Prairies
    jef
    nice image...

6. shutterduster

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    Thanks Carlb
    This is quite close to you. Have you ever visited?

Dave T

7. shutterduster

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    Another View point

will replace with black and white if requested

Attached Files:

8. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
    nice panorama shot Dave:thumbup:. I have picture of that building too:drinks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. shutterduster

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    Thanks rex87.
    Where did you get that view of the Museum?

10. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
    3rd floor parking spot.