1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

CANADA (*ships to US*) EM5 mkii body for $899CAN/ $675US

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by heli-mech, Mar 1, 2016.

1. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    • Like Like x 2
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    This is a real competitor to the potential Pen F customer for 60% of the cost. This is the latest of a number of deals making this body available at an amazing price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. heli-mech

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew

Disclaimer: Please note this thread was solely informational and in no way meant to criticize, put down, negatively effect, or otherwise cause harm to the PEN-F or any of its current or would be owners. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

5. bremner

bremner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    For reference, a OM10 mk1 is USD359 at

Reconditioned Cameras - Outlet | Olympus

I guess it depends on your point of view if that means the mk ii price is good. Actually the mk i is about USD400 new from henrys.com using that same exchange rate. Clearly I should just convert all prices into USD, and everything is affordable ;).

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  6. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2014
    anyone tried to ship to US? was there additional tax and duties?

7. Theo

Theo Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2013
    Canada
    Theo K.
    Don't quote me. Confirm this yourselves. I heard just last week on a Vancouver station about the discrepancy between Canadian and American cross border shopping. For goods coming from USA to Canada value over $20 can get taxed. The other direction? $800! You American buyers are so lucky!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mu-43 mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. limdoug

limdoug Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Just ordered one. Came out to about $700 USD after shipping and fees I guess. Seems to be about $15 more than I thought it'd be but I'm not too stressed over that.

9. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Mine just arrived from Henry's today. No additional charges apart from the $12.95 shipping charge. Total came to just over $700. Quite a deal.

10. heli-mech

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    The US limit has been $200, the new $800 limit isn't quite in effect yet (think invthe next week or so) but everything I have read mostly all camera stuff is duty free but US Customs does have a "merchandise processing fee" (MPF) that for personal shipments is under $10. Taxes I don't know and I would guess vary state to state.

I know Australia's duty/tax free limit is $1000 as well.

And yes Canadas limit is $20 (new or used) . So for my province that means 12%tax (no duty on camera stuff) + a $10 fee to pay for their time it takes to fill out the paperwork required to take my money... Start doing the math on US purchases for Canadians and you can understand our whining of late.
    $500US item instantly converts to about $670CAN + tax =$750 +$10fee = $760 + any shipping charges.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. limdoug

limdoug Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    How long did it take for you to get it from when you ordered it? What region of the US are you in? Just trying to gauge how long it'll take for me to get mine.

12. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I ordered on Wednesday and they attempted delivery yesterday but I wasn't home (it required a signature). They shipped from Toronto and I'm in Ohio.

• Like Like x 1
  13. limdoug

limdoug Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Wow. That's fast. Thanks!

14. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2014
    coolbeans. no idea about henry's though. are they well known in canada? warranty should be valid in olympus us or other international service centers?

15. heli-mech

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Henry's is kinda like Canada's B&H. Pretty sure Olympus warranties are now semi regional (North America, Europe, Asia) instead of Worldwide.

16. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Hello,

In response to a few recent questions here, I can speak from a US customer perspective, having purchased several items from Henry's over the years and never been disappointed by a camera or lens offered by Henry's, which lists multiple store locations throughout Canada. I purchased four E-M5 MK IIs over the past nine months, upgrading other gear. The cameras arrive quickly, one in three days even, securely packaged, and including the Olympus North American Warranty. I did have to call at one point regarding an item and found customer service to be courteous, knowledgable, and eager to resolve any concerns.

I hope this has been helpful to buyers considering Henry's offerings.

Robert

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1