(Canada) Olympus 75mm f/1.8 $850 free shipping

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by carlosvp, Nov 9, 2012.

1. carlosvp

carlosvp New to Mu-43

Sep 22, 2012
    Deal on the Olympus 75mm f/1.8 - not a huge discount, but a lower price than I've seen elsewhere on this sought-after lens, and $50 savings over the MSRP is not bad.

Henrys' has it online for $849.99, and they're offering free shipping on orders over $49 for the next 5 weeks or so.

OLYMPUS M ZUIKO ED 75MM F1.8 (PEN) V311040SU000

2. Joe_B

Joe_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Davis, California
    Henry's Canada will ship to the US for $12.95

Thanks carlosvp,

If you go to your link above for the Olympus 75mm f/1.8 and add it to the cart you will get an option for shipping to the US.

The shipping cost to the US is $12.95 with Xpresspost USA.

According to Google the current exchange rate is pretty much even. 849.99 Canadian dollars = 849.82 US dollars

Payment is with PayPal. I don't know what, if any additional fees PayPal charges for a purchase from a Canadian Web Site.

Do any members have knowledge about any additional PayPal fees?

Are there any other import or duty fees for purchases from Canada and shipment to the US? :confused:

The overview page indicates that it comes with an Olympus Worldwide Warranty Card.

Does anyone know if Olympus US will honor the warranty for a purchase from a Canadian Retailer?
  3. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Just have to use PayPal's exchange rate, there's a slight penalty. I don't find it to be something I cry over though.

I buy things from US and else where with PayPal all the time and I'm in Canada. This is the same thing just in reverse.
  4. carlosvp

carlosvp New to Mu-43

Sep 22, 2012
    Henry's do ship to the USA. I'm in Canada, so I don't know the details. $13 seems pretty reasonable to ship to the USA - Canada Post is generally pretty pricey as far as postal services go.

They should take credit cards as normal for an online store - that's how I buy things from them. I don't *think* they do anything different for sales to U.S. customers?

I've heard (though I don't have an official reference to back this up) that Olympus honours their warranty world-wide, regardless of where it was purchased. None of my Olympus products have yet needed warranty service, so I don't know from personal experience.

5. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    You may want to see what customs will cost if shipping to the US, I think it may eat up most or all of the savings. Check if Henry's has any knowledge about international issues.