(Canada) Olympus 75mm f/1.8 $850 free shipping

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by carlosvp, Nov 9, 2012.

1. carlosvp

carlosvp New to Mu-43

Sep 22, 2012
    Canada
    Deal on the Olympus 75mm f/1.8 - not a huge discount, but a lower price than I've seen elsewhere on this sought-after lens, and $50 savings over the MSRP is not bad.

Henrys' has it online for $849.99, and they're offering free shipping on orders over $49 for the next 5 weeks or so.

OLYMPUS M ZUIKO ED 75MM F1.8 (PEN) V311040SU000

C.

2. Joe_B

Joe_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Davis, California
    Henry's Canada will ship to the US for $12.95

Thanks carlosvp,

If you go to your link above for the Olympus 75mm f/1.8 and add it to the cart you will get an option for shipping to the US.

The shipping cost to the US is $12.95 with Xpresspost USA.

According to Google the current exchange rate is pretty much even. 849.99 Canadian dollars = 849.82 US dollars

Payment is with PayPal. I don't know what, if any additional fees PayPal charges for a purchase from a Canadian Web Site.

Do any members have knowledge about any additional PayPal fees?

Are there any other import or duty fees for purchases from Canada and shipment to the US? :confused: 

The overview page indicates that it comes with an Olympus Worldwide Warranty Card.

Does anyone know if Olympus US will honor the warranty for a purchase from a Canadian Retailer?

3. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    Just have to use PayPal's exchange rate, there's a slight penalty. I don't find it to be something I cry over though.

I buy things from US and else where with PayPal all the time and I'm in Canada. This is the same thing just in reverse.

4. carlosvp

carlosvp New to Mu-43

Sep 22, 2012
    Canada
    Henry's do ship to the USA. I'm in Canada, so I don't know the details. $13 seems pretty reasonable to ship to the USA - Canada Post is generally pretty pricey as far as postal services go.

They should take credit cards as normal for an online store - that's how I buy things from them. I don't *think* they do anything different for sales to U.S. customers?

I've heard (though I don't have an official reference to back this up) that Olympus honours their warranty world-wide, regardless of where it was purchased. None of my Olympus products have yet needed warranty service, so I don't know from personal experience.

C.

5. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    You may want to see what customs will cost if shipping to the US, I think it may eat up most or all of the savings. Check if Henry's has any knowledge about international issues.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.