1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Can you isolate preview of adjustments in Camera RAW?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by spacecreature, Jul 22, 2015.

1. spacecreature

spacecreature Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    Hello , is there a way to isolate and view separately each local adjustment made in camera raw? Sometimes I make different local adjustments with the brush over the same area, and when I click the preview everything is turned on and off and I can't really tell what each adjustment is doing. Hope it makes sense:)

2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Yep. Much depend on the post processing tools you are using.

In Lightroom you open the Develop module and on the left side panel one of the choices is History. If you open it you can select any previous step in the prior adjustments you have made. If you select any step you can see the impact up to that point.

In layer based tools like Perfect Photo Suite's tools you can turn individual layers off or on to see how they look individually or in combinations.

Again, exact capabilities and how to use them vary with the post processing tools. I recommend using Lightroom as your digital asset manager DAM) as it contains good library tools, good editing tools, and the ability to do round trips to editing plugins like Photoshop, Pixelmatr, the Nik Collection, the Topaz Labs apps, and Perfect Photo Suite.

3. spacecreature

spacecreature Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    Thanks for taking the time to answer , but I meant in Camera Raw. When you use the adjustment brush.