Can you convince me to replace 14-42 with 14-45?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by jair, Aug 14, 2012.

1. jair

jair Mu-43 Regular

Feb 14, 2012
    Not long ago I bought pany 14-42 to go with my GF2. Now there is a guy that sells the 14-45 for what I can get for the 14-42 + 40 euro on top. I am wondering if all the trouble to make the switch is worth it:

- i need to travel 2 hours to his place in each direction
    - need to post my 14-42 for sale, deal with potential customers etc, which is always a hassle
    - my 14-42 is basically new, while the 14-45 might be few years old
    - i am not sure in the end it is worth it

From everything I read I am almost sure I won't be noticing visible difference between the two - I am not a pixel peeper and as I am still a beginner there is a high chance that my pics will have other more pressing issues than the small IQ difference between the two lenses.

I think I even consider it just for the warm fuzzy feeling of having "the best kit lens". The build quality and the IS switch are nice to have too as I plan my next body to be Olympus...

So, would you make the change if you were in my place?

2. CUB

CUB Guest

I did. It cost me more than 40 euros and I haven't regretted it for a second. The 14-42mm isn't a bad lens, but the 14-45mm is one of the best kit lenses you will ever find.

I did a careful comparison of the two lenses before selling the 14-42mm that came with my G3. Not only is the 14-45mm significantly sharper, it is also very well made with a metal mount.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.