1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Can you bring up the shutter speed/aperture sliding scale on the display in GH1 or GX7?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by New Daddy, Nov 9, 2013.

1. New Daddy

New Daddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2011
    I noticed that GF1 displays a nice shutter speed/aperture sliding scale when you change exposure in P/A/S/M. It's a nice way of showing how its automatic exposure works. Even in the M mode, it gives you an idea of what range of shutter speed and aperture will work, with different coloring of feasible ranges. (It is a good graphic illustration of how its program shift and exposure compensation algorithm works. It was very interesting playing around with it and seeing when it increases/decreases the shutter speed and/or aperture, and when it stops fiddling with the shutter speed/aperture and starts adjusting the ISO instead.)

gf1screen_362x254.

Is this feature unavailable in GH1? I can't seem to find something like that in the settings menu.
    How about GX7? Does it have this useful feature?

2. nsd20463

nsd20463 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 30, 2011
    Santa Cruz, CA
    My GF1 did not have this enabled by default. Maybe you need to set Custom Menu / Expo. Meter to ON on your cameras.

3. MadProphet

MadProphet Mu-43 Regular

GX7 does.

4. MiguelATF

MiguelATF Mu-43 Veteran

The LX7 has it as well.

5. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    Sliding scale is, I believe, a universal feature of current Panasonic M43 Cameras. I don't know about the GH1. GH3 definitely does, as does GH2, G5 and G6, in addition to the already cited GX7.