Can we have some contests/Challenges ?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dear Admin and Moderators
    We need some more contest and photo challenges .Please organise one soon .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 3
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I love challenges....start one up Bhupinder! Anyone can start one at any time.

3. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    :cool: Yep! I vote we start with the Bhupinder photo challenge... Whaddaya want us to shoot, Bp?

Oh.... and you must provide the prize, too. Perhaps your 45mm f1.8 would be a nice incentive?

:rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  4. punkman

punkman Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011
    Europe
    I've been thinking the same thing! No new contests since I've joined the forum.

I'd like to sponsor a contest for photos taken with a C-mount (or any adapted) lens, my collection has grown to more than it needs to be and I could part with a couple things. But then I can't take part in the contest...

5. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    I've also missed the contests. There doesn't even have to be a prize!

• Like Like x 1
  6. speltrong

speltrong Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Northern California
  7. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I have an idea in mind. I'll get back soon.

8. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    • Like Like x 1
  9. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I love contests and challenges.

The only thing I would say is to make sure to have one challenge that requires images to be taken only during the challenge (say one week time period). I like the idea that it kind of pushes me, maybe gives me an excuse, to go out and try to get that image.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    +1

11. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    One other thought. A requirement of voting on a challenge photo should be to include criticism and comment (preferably constructive) on the photo. That way we can hope to learn and improve.

Something I've seen done elsewhere, and which I like, is for each person submitting a photo to be allowed to submit two versions of it. The second version would allow the photographer to take the feedback received and modify the image (either by reshooting or in post) to improve it.

12. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    • Like Like x 2
  13. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Can we also shamelessly rip off our sister site, seriouscompacts, on their weekly challenge?

• Weekly
    • Vote by all mu-43 members
    • Person who gets the most votes picks theme for next week
    • Photos must be taken the week of the challenge (I think we have plenty of active members here to make this part easier to require... no need to go to back catalog)
    • m4/3 cameras only please

One other thing, I have seen the requirement to have photos in that site gallery before (e.g. ricohforums), but I think many people would prefer to embed from their own preferred gallery (500px, smugmug, flickr, etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bhupinder2002

Free online Health check up online and free Consult for next one week 24/7 on any health matter . I wish I was a Cosmetic Surgeon and Could offer u few nice Jobs ..hahhaah
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

15. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Darnet , where was this a week ago, i could have used that. lol I have no insurance and think I ate some bad sushi from the store, because i was ...umm.. yea unable to drive to school and missed class, needing to visit the lavatory QUITE often. Its a once a week 3 hour class and my proff says she has to drop me a half a letter grade without a doctors note as per the rules.lol
    I could used that.. oh well ..lol

But i agree with meyerweb about the Criticism and with what krugorg said; i need a kick in the behind to go shoot something in particular this semester. I'm not taking any photo classes this semester besides a digital imaging class that is basically a photoshop class So i have been lax with taking photos and themes for my photography.

16. recasper

recasper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2012
    Alameda, California
    Looking forward to jumping in one of these. Will be keeping an eye on this thread. +1

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bhupinder2002

I think we have had enough stimulation and simulation for gear.Now its time to see some real action . Lets put those tools to work before they gather dust sitting besides u when u are more busy with MFT forum rather than the camera..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

18. punkman

punkman Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011
    Europe
    I've thought up another challenge for myself. Feel free to join me with your own variation. :)

Challenge 22:

One picture a week for twenty-two weeks. From March 1 to September 1, that's 26 weeks so I can skip four during the challenge. Using any camera, any lens, film or digital.

Bonus points:

One, and only one, print of each picture to be given away, sold, hanged somewhere, etc. Experiment with different print formats.

---

The goal is to go out and make better use of my camera(s), have fun and take some interesting photos.

19. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Yes what happened? I loved the contests that used to be on here...