Can someone please identify the mount of this lens?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by lukyvictor, Apr 7, 2013.

1. lukyvictor

lukyvictor Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 6, 2012
    Hi All

I have recently bought a second hand lens to play with, however I have difficulty identifying the mount of this lens, can someone please help me with this?

And if you can also recommend me an adapter to use on my m4/3 camera , it would be great!

Photos of the lens are attached in this thread. (Model PK-A/R97033481, is it a hint telling me it is a PK-A mount? If so, what is PK-A mount exactly? is it same as PK? what adapter should I buy to use on my m4/3 camera please?)

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    You buy a lens without knowing if you are able to use it? :confused:

Have you googled for pk-a mount?

3. lukyvictor

lukyvictor Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 6, 2012
    I just think it must be possible to use it, just the matter whether I buy the correct adapter.

I googled, but I dont think I find a particular mount called PK-A mount. In my understanding, the closest one seems to be something called Pentax KA mount. Pentax K mount - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia but the picture that shows the mount is different to what I have, so I am not sure, and would like to get some advises.

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I think that is the Pentax K mount with Automatic diaphragm.

K.

5. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
  6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    You're lucky if it's K-Mount 'cause you can get a lot of glass to fit!

7. lukyvictor

lukyvictor Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 6, 2012
    Thank you very much, so in my understand, I believe Pentax K mount is mechanically same as Pentax K A mount, it just has the extra automatic diaphragm function, am I getting it right?

8. lukyvictor

lukyvictor Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 6, 2012
  9. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
  10. lukyvictor

lukyvictor Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 6, 2012
    So in your opinion, I have a micro four third camera, and I am going to buy an adapter (probably a good quality one) for using some old lens, is it better to get an M42 mount lens/adapter or Pentax K mount please? In terms of availability, cost, usability and image quality.

11. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    What? You've never been to a garage/yard sale?

12. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    No, I have never heard of / seen one where I live. Really! :smile:

13. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    The adapters are all the same in terms of what you asked. It's the legacy lenses you have that determine which to get. If, for example, you buy other Pentax K mount lenses, you will already have the adapter. But the Fotodiox adapters are generally $20 and good enough quality. On occasion, infinity focus on your lens may not be at the end of the focus throw like you would expect. This is due to small variances in the thickness of the adapter. Sometimes you have to back up the focus a little.