Can recommend best lens for pns user?

table2011

New to Mu-43
hi..,
i use e-pl1 with kit lens 14-42.
i read/ hear a lot how good of 20/f1.7 or 14/f2.5 lens.
actually that lens only good for night time shoot(where light is less) or ok for daytime or outdoor too?
if most of time i use p mode(with auto iso) to shoot photo, will my photo quality(sharp and clear) improve alot when change from kit lens 14-42 to 20/f1.7 or 14/f2.5 lens?

thanks for any reply/ info :)

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
well, no lens will make you a better photographer but both the 20/1.7 and 14/2.5 are better than the kit lens by a significant amount. Then agan the Panasonic 14-45 kit lens is also better. What lens you buy os really determined by what you want to do with it.

That said, the 20/1.7 is a very special lens and I have mounted to one of my m43 bodies almost continually. Then again, I like the 40mm equivalent FOV. If you like shooting WA then you might prefer the 14/2.5.

sgt08

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Scott
If you haven't already, you might want to browse through the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 Image Thread and the Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 Image Thread for tons of photos.

Both lenses are great for use in the daylight. The 20/1.7 also allows you to take photos in dimmer light since it has the wider aperture. The 14/2.5 is a wider angle, the field of view would be the same as your kit lens if you do not zoom in at all.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
if most of time i use p mode(with auto iso) to shoot photo, will my photo quality(sharp and clear) improve alot when change from kit lens 14-42 to 20/f1.7 or 14/f2.5 lens?

It depends on the conditions. If you are shooting in places with plenty of light, the differences won't be significant. If there is not much light, then yes the image quality should be better, though it depends partly on how the camera's P mode is implemented (how 'smart' it is).

The best way to get better images though is to start experimenting though with the 3 primary settings - ISO, shutter speed and aperture. It's only then that you'll be in a position to understand the compromises that the camera is making choosing its settings in P mode.

DH

Latest threads

Top Bottom